CouesBuckhunter

December Succes

Been hunting hard since jan. i hunted jan,august,and the general rifle hunt, got on huge bucks up to 115 inches but either missed or had them sppok on me. So when december came i knew i couldnt be as picky so i said to myself any 3x3 will do. Last saturday i glassed up a buck easily 115 or better, he got up out of his bed as i was about to put a stalk on him and he went over the ridge, i made a run at him anyways and stepped on him at 20yards and he stopped at 50, i coulnt get the shot through the ocotillo so it didnt happen. But to my luck i found a hammered water hole in the genearal area he was at. I decided to sit it the next day[sunday]and had 8 deer come through and 2 bucks, one was a 3x3 and i shot but missed. I lwft the water at 1 o clock and switched to spot n stalk. i glassed up a nice 95-100 3x3 pushing does but ran out of daylight on the stalk. So the next day i knew i had to sit that waterhole. I was gonna sit it all day but that didnt happen. It was a bad weather day, it was windy with no sun. and at 1 o clock that buck i had missed the previous day showed up. I was reading so i slowly set the book down, grabbed my bow and drew back. He was 25yrds and was extreme quartering to me. I picked my spot in between the middle of chest and shoulder and released. I heard the "swhack!" and knew i made a good shot, then i looked up and he was stumbling up the dike with blood gushing out. He only ran 30yrds before i saw himn pile up right before me. I guess that Ol buck thaught "the guy who threw a sharp stick at me yesterday wont be here today!"

will post better pics alittle later. Good luck to those who are still holding tags!

post-4675-1293148513_thumb.jpg

Way to go bud! I needed to hear a success story with the ol' stick & string. Hopin to put a deer to the dirt with a bow myself. Congrats! ;)

Great job, and way to stick with it. How do you like those swacker broadheads?