Thanks for the continuing story. Merry Christmas, and good luck with the rest of the hunt. I can't wait to get back out next week!

GOOO GET UM... Great job.. NICE bear...

OKAY.. but here I am reading your first post... You glassed up a shed???? Holy cow.. I am lucky if I can glass up a HOUSE... Great job...

Jason... :lol:

Nice bear Scott.Would'nt you know it,see a nice animal,NO TAG.Ole Murphy has another law to put up.Good luck on the rest of your hunt. :lol:

Jeff, sorry your hunting had to stop early. It's a great time of year to be out in the field.

Jason, you have to remember I'm using the 30 power binoculars. However, even with them you figure any Coues shed you glass up is probably a good one.

The hunt went well this morning although I didn't find anything big enough to pull the trigger on. I saw 5 Coues fawns, 7 Coues does and 1 Coues buck. He was just a littler feller though. I also saw some mule deer, at least 3 does and 2 bucks. The bucks were pretty nice albeit a little spindly racked. They were rutting. The coues deer didn't show any signs of the rut.

Here's one of the muley bucks.

L1000456crp.jpg

Here's a couple of the Coues does. I wasn't able to get a photo of the buck.

L1000455crp.jpg

Here's where they were.

L1000453crppnt.jpg

Oh yea, I also glassed up a Mountain Lion! He was about a 1/2 mile up the ridge from the muleys and working toward them. I do have a lion tag but he was way too far to hike over there with him on the move.

Here he is.

L1000443crp.jpg

L1000447crp.jpg

Where the lion was.

L1000448crppnt.jpg

I guess that's about all until Monday.

Scott

Again very cool Scott :lol:

To bad you couldn't get that lion.

Merry Christmas :lol:

Scott this is perhaps the sweetest hunt I've ever been involved in, AND i'm only involved in reading and looking at the pictures. Awesome.

Thanks and good luck on monday. You'll find a shooter for sure

Scott,

Great story and awesome pics of the lion. Hard to see one (unless up a tree) let alone take pics.

Buckhorn

Nice pics Scott. I know Denis is headed back out on the 25th, but I'm pretty sure that your not hunting the same area. That lion would make a nice trophy. I hope to see one within range some day.

As for score, 103

Scott hey this is one of the coolest things I have ever seen every day I get home from work and jump on the computer to see whats next good luck . p.s im glad your hunting in 27. Keith V. safford.

Yeah tell me about it Scott, it really hurts not being able to get back out there, especially with the weather being like it is right now. Perfect for sitting my treestand spot, got snowed on quite a bit the last two years. Oh well, not going to sweat it too much. I will be completely moved and settled in over there come this summer, then I'll have plenty of time to do what I want. For now all I can do is plan and stare at maps, It'll be a whole new ball game next year !!!!!

Jeff

Awesome scott! Realy helps tell I can get back out.