Ok, here ya go Desertsheep. Your very own photo of the 5 mile shed.

L1000539sml.jpg

If you get back over to this part of the country, give me a call. It's only a 50 cent charge to look at the shed in person. ;)

Scott

Well, the rifle hunt may be over but the archery hunt is not. The boys and I went out on Monday to chase javelina and deer, and we found both. We hunted an area where I've found javelina and deer in the past. As a matter of fact the last pig I took with a bow was in this area.

In all we spotted about 10 javelina, 2 muley bucks and 1 Coues buck. One of the muley bucks was pretty good, the other was just a dink. But it was the Coues buck (as usual) that really got me worked up. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a photo of him. I had plenty of time but he was over 3 1/2 miles out and once I get out past 1/2 a mile my digiscoping capabilities really drop off. I could see a really nice rack on this buck at that distance but couldn't tell anything else.

This buck was on a doe and ran her around a while and stayed right with her. There were some nasty canyons between us and it took us about 2 hours and 25 miles to get over there to them. Oh yea, there was also a herd of pigs on the same ridge as the Coues deer.

When we finally got over to them, all we were able to find were the javelina, the deer were no where to be found.

The boys were able to take one javelina out of the group. There was also a coyote shadowing the herd and every now and then a big boar hog would run him off a little ways. It was a great day to be out! Here's some photos.

L1000582crp.jpg

Here's the coyote that was looking for an easy meal. Wait a minute...he's looking at me! :o

L1000586crp.jpg

A few more.

L1000587sml.jpg

L1000591crp.jpg

L1000592crp.jpg

James Ryan with his first bow kill.

L1000612crp.jpg

Both the boys. James Ryan and Austin

L1000616crp.jpg

I may go back in on Friday and try for a closer look at that Coues buck and see just how big he really is. It's killin' me!!

Scott

Cool update again Scott :o

Congrats to James.

That's a good lookin yote. Good luck finding that buck.

Well it's not Coues or Javelina but it is in unit 27. I took these photos this morning of about 25 sheep on the front lawn of our General Office building in Morenci.

L1000675crp.jpg

L1000669crp.jpg

OLD WARRIOR

L1000682crp.jpg

Scott

Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

Great photos Scott. I got some video of the sheep when I was scouting for Dec.'s hunt. They were just past the tunnel when I seen them. Hopefully they'll stay healthy. My wife out of the Glenwood office and the sheep just up the San Fran. are starting to knock off. I believe they G&F thinks its's pnuemonia. Kinda sad and really sucks for the amount of tags they may give out.

Later

Can't say I've ever seen a sign like that before. Hopefully very few of them sheep get hit.