pete

bear down 24 A

What an exciting weekend.

We saw 5 bears tryin to let the air out of one with a bow on Saturday proved to be trying.The closest I could get in that thick stuff was about 300 yards.On Sunday since 300 yards was the closest the day before I broke out the 300 rum and ended up shooting this beautiful chocolate sow within bow range.Go figure

We decided to do some looking from the highway and found a little road drove in and parked right inside the fence walked over to a little creek nothing in hand but swaro's.Started to class around was there for about a minute took the bino's down to look around and noticed some movement to my left and saw a brown patch moving through the brush went for the rifle and it wasn't there SHOOT did the quickest 40 yard dash on earth to this day to the tuck grabbed the rifle all of this happening while I'm hollering for my buddy in the softness stern voice Mike,Mike,Mike he comes runnin what what, ba ba ba bear over here.Mike has bow in hand I have 300 rum in hand we sneek back over to the edge and the bear is not there.My heart sank. So I pulled out my call and was going to bring her back to us then I seen her coming down to us finally there she is.I asked Mike do you see her a soft yes floated through the air with the bipod down on a rock in front of me I put her in the crosshairs but she was walking right to me so I made a litte noise and she turned to her left and stopped staring right at me.I looked up thanked the lord and looked through the scope put the crosshair right on the boiler room and let her have 210 and grains of berger delight.She let out a yell that would curl your hair did a front flip and ran for about 10 yards and piled up right in plain view.The high fives,hand shakes,and blood pressure were through the roof.It was over I leaned over and told Mikey now the work begins.All in all it was'nt bad she fell about 140 yards from the truck it was a pretty simple recovery.

Thanks

Pete

What an exciting weekend.

We saw 5 bears tryin to let the air out of one with a bow on Saturday proved to be trying.The closest I could get in that thick stuff was about 300 yards.On Sunday since 300 yards was the closest the day before I broke out the 300 rum and ended up shooting this beautiful chocolate sow within bow range.Go figure

We decided to do some looking from the highway and found a little road drove in and parked right inside the fence walked over to a little creek nothing in hand but swaro's.Started to class around was there for about a minute took the bino's down to look around and noticed some movement to my left and saw a brown patch moving through the brush went for the rifle and it wasn't there SHOOT did the quickest 40 yard dash on earth to this day to the tuck grabbed the rifle all of this happening while I'm hollering for my buddy in the softness stern voice Mike,Mike,Mike he comes runnin what what, ba ba ba bear over here.Mike has bow in hand I have 300 rum in hand we sneek back over to the edge and the bear is not there.My heart sank. So I pulled out my call and was going to bring her back to us then I seen her coming down to us finally there she is.I asked Mike do you see her a soft yes floated through the air with the bipod down on a rock in front of me I put her in the crosshairs but she was walking right to me so I made a litte noise and she turned to her left and stopped staring right at me.I looked up thanked the lord and looked through the scope put the crosshair right on the boiler room and let her have 210 and grains of berger delight.She let out a yell that would curl your hair did a front flip and ran for about 10 yards and piled up right in plain view.The high fives,hand shakes,and blood pressure were through the roof.It was over I leaned over and told Mikey now the work begins.All in all it was'nt bad she fell about 140 yards from the truck it was a pretty simple recovery.

Thanks

Pete

Congrats! Pictures?

Nice bear!!!! We were hunting 24A also saw no bear except on the game cam's one was shot as we were sitting on a mountain side calling very close to us, saw them after the shot on the mountain oposite from where we were sitting. Nice weather 1st day. Saw lots of rattle snakes and lots of coues. Thanks for sharing the picture Nice!!!!!

The high fives,hand shakes,and blood pressure were through the roof.

Thats a hilarious line! We all know the feeling, and I felt it as I read the post. Great Post! And that is an absolutely beautiful bear! Big congratualtions to you.

Good story and congratulations on a pretty bear. :)

TJ