cmc

HB 2072 Sale of big game tags

Interestingly, Weiers is the Chair of that committee. Guess what will happen? This is before the Commission meets on the 10th. WTF.

It's actually Jerry's brother, James, who is the Chairman.

• Like 1

Some estimate the Expo with all these added raffle and auction tags will bring $20,000,000 to Arizona. That's 20 million bucks of additional revenue in a state that is hurting for money.

Let's do a little math.

$20,000,000 raised would mean that 20,000 people would have to attend and each one of them would have to spend at least $1,000. That is 20,000 DIFFERENT (not total attendance as some would come on more than one day) people coming through the door and each one leaving the event $1,000 poorer.

Typical political non-sense. The same people (politicians) tried to tell us the Coyotes would generate $50,000,000. When the numbers were actually broken down it came out about 1/3 of that and spread out of many many years.

And someone else already brought this up, but the claim that less than one percent of the tags will be lost is a GROSS understatement. You're going to see the top tags, sheep, unit 9 elk, unit 13 deer etc, AUCTIONED off and the rest of the people will be trying to draw that coveted unit 17 javelina tag or unit 4 deer tag. Quit blowing smoke. You'll have a much easier time selling this idea if you speak the truth instead of trying to skew it.

During Janet Napolitanos term the money in the AZGFD was lumped into the general fund ... Prior to this the AZGFD was the only state agency operating in the black , this is because of the xtra sales tax hunters and fishermen pay every time they by gear ... We voted to have this tax under the conditions the money be spent on wildlife conservation , the politicians did the same thing then - Declaring an emergency so the money could be swept into the general fund to pay off Arizona's deficit!

This new bill doesn't add or benefit conservation directly because the money from the tag sales is still going into the general fund to be used for non AZGFD purposes , until this is changed our tax and tag fees are not being managed with the sportsmen in mind!

• Like 2

During Janet Napolitanos term the money in the AZGFD was lumped into the general fund ... Prior to this the AZGFD was the only state agency operating in the black , this is because of the xtra sales tax hunters and fishermen pay every time they by gear ... We voted to have this tax under the conditions the money be spent on wildlife conservation , the politicians did the same thing then - Declaring an emergency so the money could be swept into the general fund to pay off Arizona's deficit!

This new bill doesn't add or benefit conservation directly because the money from the tag sales is still going into the general fund and be used for non AZGFD purposes , until this is changed our tax and tag fees are not being managed with the sportsmen in mind!

The money will not be going into the general fund. The revenue will be paid directly to the AZSFWC and therefore no state agency can touch the money.

• Like 1

lets hear how much of the money raised will go directly to that species, example elk tag sells for 150,000 how much will go directly back to elk habitat or reintroduction to new areas and so fourth. as a life member of the elk foundation i am having a real issue with sfw having control of the money and not the organization that sells the tag for that species.so lets hear the real money break down here.

• Like 1

"The money will not be going into the general fund. The revenue will be paid directly to the AZSFWC and therefore no state agency can touch the money."

Not very reassuring..... AzSFW in charge.

• Like 2

Don't need this scheme. Outfitters and the wealthy want tags. AZSFW apparently is willing to do their part to get them. This stinks!

AZSFW and USFW are different entities? USFW has control of Utah auction tags, it would appear AZSFW seeks the same.

Where doe AZDBSS, AES, ADA, etc. think of this?

I'd be willing pay more for a tag to stop this BS.

• Like 1

What is fishy is that when SFW or any of the other groups have a plan to get laws passed they usually come out right from the beginning of the process asking for public support. This time they wrote it up and got into the legislature and then sprung it on us just days before the process to get it passed starts in earnest. Wonder why?

• Like 1

do not wait til tomorrow - may be too late -

PLEASE contact your district reps and eveyone who'll be sitting at his meeting wednseday to express your thoughts

http://www.azleg.gov/MemberRoster.asp

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/agendas/01110202107%2Edoc%2Ehtm

do not wait !! email or call NOW

Please send an email or call the people at the meeting for wednesday also - very important!

What is fishy is that when SFW or any of the other groups have a plan to get laws passed they usually come out right from the beginning of the process asking for public support. This time they wrote it up and got into the legislature and then sprung it on us just days before the process to get it passed starts in earnest. Wonder why?

they didnt put it on the boards it was leaked out to us to see what was happening behind our backs is my view, that is what scares me on this. i can tell you all that the AES is against this and i am sure steve will be at the game and fish to voice his opinion tomorrow at 1pm.

• Like 1

I'm NOT in favor of this bill at all!!!!! Sounds like a sneaky way to get tags pushed aside for the rich. We DO NOT want to be like Utah with landowner tags and such. This bill is the start of all that crap and it will just get worse!

• Like 1

If it looks like a turd... Smells like a turd... Tastes like a turd... Then there is no doubt IT'S A TURD!!!

My name was listed on this thread. I WAS on the AZSFW Board for a number of years. AZSFW has been a big part of a lot of good things for wildlife. Was on the Yuma Valley Rod and Gun Club (YVRGC) Board for quite a while too. I don't serve on any Board now and haven't in well over a year. I am a Life Member of the YVRGC and a Member of the ADBSS. That's it.

I totally oppose HB 2072 as written. I don't speak for anyone but myself.

The only reason I am writing here on this thread, other than to state what I said in the line above, is to make absolutely clear that I don't have a thing to do with the Bill talked about here. The first I heard of this is when Steve Clark called me on Saturday (1/7) to let me know what was happening and to see what I knew anything.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Nick