cmc

HB 2072 Sale of big game tags

The commission shot it down 5 to nothing and all of the people who spoke had nothing good to say about it. They went as far as to saying they will not support any part of the bill and that it should be shot down completely.

• Like 1

Are the administrators and/or board members for AZSFW paid or volunteers? If so, would the salaries be paid out of the funds generated by these tag sales? Is that part of the 'administrative' costs?

Seems like some of the riff in Utah is partly because of the whole 'auction tag' thing, but also due to the fact that some of the admins/board members were making large salaries. I know that the ADA board is not paid, and is volunteer only. How about AZSFW?

Just curious.....

S.

• Like 1

Are the administrators and/or board members for AZSFW paid or volunteers? If so, would the salaries be paid out of the funds generated by these tag sales? Is that part of the 'administrative' costs?

Seems like some of the riff in Utah is partly because of the whole 'auction tag' thing, but also due to the fact that some of the admins/board members were making large salaries. I know that the ADA board is not paid, and is volunteer only. How about AZSFW?

Just curious.....

S.

+1

We are not too far removed to remember the Fiesta Bowl and their "administrative" costs. Different arena same corruption

I seem to remember that the guy in charge here was cutting six figures but we will never know because Peay refuses to disclose the financials.

not buying this at all. lets drop the late nov deer hunt allow 1 junior hunt and put 50 tags back on the december hunts while we are at it. i would'nt mind not being drawn one year to have a better hunt the year i did get drawn.

• Like 1

This bill doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling, I vote no!!!!!!

Just curious.....

S.

+1

We are not too far removed to remember the Fiesta Bowl and their "administrative" costs. Different arena same corruption

The AZSFW board is strictly volunteers initially, each of the beginning few who started the organization back several years ago were required to pony up some significant cash to be a board member. The only person who does get paid is Capitol Consulting, who acts as our lobbyist at the state legislature. I know of absolutely no lobbyist who would ever do the political infighting that has been necessary to carry the water for us who would do it as low as Suzanne and company have done.

• Like 1

The commission shot it down 5 to nothing and all of the people who spoke had nothing good to say about it. They went as far as to saying they will not support any part of the bill and that it should be shot down completely.

We should talk Terry, this bill had plenty of good things about it...JK... you know how to reach me if you would like to talk. We will be meeting with all the members of the AZSFWC next week to move forward and answer questions...

• Like 1

This Bill is dangerous for all of us hunters. It is most likely being sponsored and pushed by several big name outfitters, they are the only ones that will benefit from actions like this. This must be stopped.

• Like 1

I saw the message, but the house members still need to hear that hunters are pissed off, in case SFW trys to sneak this again. We need to KILL this bill permenantly, no negotiating! I hope the other conservation groups tell AZSFW to stick it where the sun dont shine.

Your comments have been noted. I would pose another question. Do you have any idea what the AZSFW has done for sportsmen in Arizona over the past 5 years? Do you have any idea How many good things that Rep Weiers has done for us? By the way, the AZSFWC is comprised of 18 different groups, all sportsmens groups that have a vested interest and are willing to donate time and energies to shaping policy. The AZSFWC is the oversight group that was proposed for handling the monies from the Expo. If you are telling us to stick it where the sun does not shine, then you are telling all the groups that message. Hatred and anger are simply fear turned outwards. I do not know you, you do not know me. Why not give a little faith that we are not trying to screw sportsmen?

Oh, I know! I was one of the people who warned against AZSFW when they started! AZSFW like someone else I know promissed us "Hope and Change", and now years later all the warning we had for hunters are coming true, I guess I can say, I told you so. Backroom deals, with no public comment, most of the other wildlife groups were left in the dark as well, and two of the G&F comissioners, Chairman Woodhouse and Vice Chair Freeman were conveniently left out of this as well... Ramming this thru as a "emergency bill", hoping hunters wouldnt find out about it, until it was too late. Now you ask me to give a little faith to you?

If anything AZSFW need to apologize to hunters for the deception they have tried to pull over on us!

• Like 1

I saw the message, but the house members still need to hear that hunters are pissed off, in case SFW trys to sneak this again. We need to KILL this bill permenantly, no negotiating! I hope the other conservation groups tell AZSFW to stick it where the sun dont shine.

Your comments have been noted. I would pose another question. Do you have any idea what the AZSFW has done for sportsmen in Arizona over the past 5 years? Do you have any idea How many good things that Rep Weiers has done for us? By the way, the AZSFWC is comprised of 18 different groups, all sportsmens groups that have a vested interest and are willing to donate time and energies to shaping policy. The AZSFWC is the oversight group that was proposed for handling the monies from the Expo. If you are telling us to stick it where the sun does not shine, then you are telling all the groups that message. Hatred and anger are simply fear turned outwards. I do not know you, you do not know me. Why not give a little faith that we are not trying to screw sportsmen?

Oh, I know! I was one of the people who warned against AZSFW when they started! AZSFW like someone else I know promissed us "Hope and Change", and now years later all the warning we had for hunters are coming true, I guess I can say, I told you so.

The AZSFW has done more to benefit hunters than any other group in this state. Your commission is protected for years into the future when we have a democrat as governor. The $3.5 million dollars from the legislature 5 years ago when times were good is only because of their efforts. Please, let's acknowledge some of the good things that have happened.

• Like 1

I lifted this response from a NR friend of mine on another board. I thought his response to this topic was pretty well put.

"If past history is any indicator, the closed door meetings are a way to buy silence from the other groups. A way to bribe them by saying, "If you support us, we will let you have a turkey tag or a pig tag, and you could get some of the money. If you really demand, we might even throw you the bone of an elk tag in a washed out unit."

AZ guys better get on this, or your G&F Commission will become the puppet of some people with a track record that is not too favorable to the rank and file hunter.

AZ hunters and the conservation groups have done huge amounts of work, made great sacrifices, and paid dearly in terms of opportunity, to build your herds to the quality that they are at. Now, some "Johnny Come Lately" shows up with his hand out, and is asking to be put at the front of the line and be able to monetize the hard work you guys have put into this.

We need to post direct links of who we contact to put pressure on in AZ".

Oh, I know! I was one of the people who warned against AZSFW when they started! AZSFW like someone else I know promissed us "Hope and Change", and now years later all the warning we had for hunters are coming true, I guess I can say, I told you so.

The AZSFW has done more to benefit hunters than any other group in this state. Your commission is protected for years into the future when we have a democrat as governor. The $3.5 million dollars from the legislature 5 years ago when times were good is only because of their efforts. Please, let's acknowledge some of the good things that have happened.

So your saying if a Turd has a couple of shiny pieces of corn in it, we should eat it? I'll pass! Obama has a couple of shiney pieces of corn too (Killing Bin Ladin, and getting rid of Kadafi), but I look at the overall picture, and I definatley am not voting for him. ;)

ok - given azsfw has done great things in the "past"

why are they presently trying pawn this B>S> bill 2072 off as being beneficial to anyone other than themselves - the only group who will control the tags and the money? want all expenses paid in full before anyone else sees a penny and try to change the rules - only one animal per calender yr. - left out anything written to safeguard / watch over to see things are handled correctly/honestly.

who ever wrote this wasn't thinking of the good of Arizona but for themselves(azsfw) first

the worse is no imput from any organization and railroad this past the legislators

now when they see its not gonna work - oh wait we can discuss this

it's so obvious

• Like 1