Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil

WOW

They won the Pac 12 tournament.

They hosted and won the regional.

They hosted and won the super regional.

They all got airfare to Omaha....

just goes to show you what kind of kitty fans are on here.

sorry but there is no pac12 tournament in BASEBALL!!!

I done up and went to NAU and didnt graduate, but Im pretty sure a 'Round Robin' is a type of tournament...

Straight from the Pac 12 official site :

" Baseball Champion determined by three-game round-robin play N/A UCLA, Arizona*"

what "round-robin play"? there was NO pac12 baseball tournament. are you referring to the 3 game REGULAR SEASON series that UCLA and ua played in April? The series that UCLA won 2 out of 3? If so than almost every week during the season, every team would be playing in a "round-robin" tournament. Or are you saying the entire regular season is just some big tournament?

I played for ASU and was on the 98 World Series team....and can't wait for the sanctions to be lifted so I can root for the Devils to get back to Omaha.

Good luck to the Wildcats, it is definately an experience of a lifetime to head back to the mecca of college baseball.

I think UCLA and UofA tied for the Pac12 title, but UCLA gets it because they won the series during the regular season (tie breaker)

• Like 1

I played for ASU and was on the 98 World Series team....and can't wait for the sanctions to be lifted so I can root for the Devils to get back to Omaha.

Good luck to the Wildcats, it is definately an experience of a lifetime to head back to the mecca of college baseball.

I think UCLA and UofA tied for the Pac12 title, but UCLA gets it because they won the series during the regular season (tie breaker)

If they only had the format they do now the best out of 3 in the championship.

I done up and went to NAU and didnt graduate, but Im pretty sure a 'Round Robin' is a type of tournament...

Straight from the Pac 12 official site :

" Baseball Champion determined by three-game round-robin play N/A UCLA, Arizona*"

Any luck finding and posting up the results from that 2012 Pac12 Baseball Tournament?

Spoken like a true fan (and player) of the sport. Giving credit where it's due goes a long ways in my book.

I already posted a quote directly from the pac-12 commision page.

There might not (and isnt) a top to bottom tournament, but last time I check a 3 team round robin is still a tournament.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/round-robin

": a tournament in which every contestant meets every other contestant in turn "

so can you please post the results of the 2012 Pac12 Baseball Tournament because I am having difficulty finding it?

Spoken like a true fan (and player) of the sport. Giving credit where it's due goes a long ways in my book.

+1

congrats to the kitties. they have a very good team. no individuals taken in the first round of the draft makes their team effort very impressive. they haven't done anything yet that ASU hasn't already done this year. just a different city.

You're right, UA didn't do what ASU did this year, break NCAA rules and be banned from post-season play!

• Like 1

Nice job for the cats. Isn't it just like devil fans to discredit their own state? Those boys played hard and deserve to be recognized.