Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil

WOW

I went to Friday night's game and then listened to Saturday/Sunday.....that was a great series. I bleed maroon and gold, but I have to tip my hat to UofA....they made the clutch hits in 2 of the 3 games when it counted, with the Conf. title on the line.

Friday's game was awesome....both pitchers had shutouts going into the 9th inning. Great games. College baseball is my favorite sport to watch.

• Like 1

I went to Friday night's game and then listened to Saturday/Sunday.....that was a great series. I bleed maroon and gold, but I have to tip my hat to UofA....they made the clutch hits in 2 of the 3 games when it counted, with the Conf. title on the line.

Friday's game was awesome....both pitchers had shutouts going into the 9th inning. Great games. College baseball is my favorite sport to watch.

Yes - Friday's game was a great game. I took my 6 year old daughter. She was devastated that the Sundevils lost. It was a great game to take her to because it went by so fast. We actually went down and sat on the front row. She just got done with a little league season and was amazed at how good the players were.

I am surprised that the 3rd baseman was not playing closer to the line (playing to prevent the double) in the 9th when ua scored to end the game. it did not appear the ball was hit over his head but right down the line. the ua baserunner from 1st ran through the stop sign from the 3rd base coach but the throw was off line. he would have been out if the throw had been accurate.

it was pretty impressive that they came back to tie it on sunday when they were down 7 - 1 only to loose it in the bottom of the 9th again.

I wish foxsportsaz would televise the games. makes no sense to me why they do not.

I think that with the new Pac-12 media deal getting ready to start this fall, we should end up getting at least a handful of Baseball games from within the conference. At least I hope so anyways.

Yes - Friday's game was a great game. I took my 6 year old daughter. She was devastated that the Sundevils lost. It was a great game to take her to because it went by so fast. We actually went down and sat on the front row. She just got done with a little league season and was amazed at how good the players were.

I am surprised that the 3rd baseman was not playing closer to the line (playing to prevent the double) in the 9th when ua scored to end the game. it did not appear the ball was hit over his head but right down the line. the ua baserunner from 1st ran through the stop sign from the 3rd base coach but the throw was off line. he would have been out if the throw had been accurate.

it was pretty impressive that they came back to tie it on sunday when they were down 7 - 1 only to loose it in the bottom of the 9th again.

I wish foxsportsaz would televise the games. makes no sense to me why they do not.

I don't hear anything but excuses. Here's one you could have posted as well: "If ASU would have hit 36 HR's then they would have won.". How about this one: "If the PAC12 rep would have tripped on first base as he headed out to present the trophy and broken his leg, then some random UofA ball player picked the trophy up, it's probably not 'official' because it wasn't presented appropriately".

Sports are pretty simple; baseball even more-so. You throw the ball, you catch the ball and you hit the ball...and sometimes you run in-between. If you effectively capatalize on any one of those principles you have a better chance of winning. UofA did that. ASU did not. It's that simple. Arguing that UofA isn't champs but "co-champs" is as stupid as saying "ASU isn't 3rd, they're co-co-CO-3rd". Stupid, huh? We could "what if" ALL......DAY.....LONG. ASU (or ANY sports fan for that matter) can "what if" while others play or watch for what it is- exciting because of their talent, desire and unpredictablility. Sure, there's a science to it. But who wants to talk about science when it's a tied ball game, bottom of the 9th, you're rounding 3rd base against your D-1 rival with the "co-championship on the line" while your coach is telling you to hold up? How many of us can say we've been there?

What would college athletics be without emotion mixed in with whether or not I'm standing 1" closer to the line?

I'm sure the ASU left feilder is blaming his 3rd baseman too.....

Mizzou destroyed my bracket this year in the tourney. I would love for my Wildcats to give them a good ol fashioned mud stomping.

• Like 1

Mizzou destroyed my bracket this year in the tourney. I would love for my Wildcats to give them a good ol fashioned mud stomping.

Looks like you got your wish tonight!

Looks like you got your wish tonight!

A couple of years ago, I posted a story on here detailing what it would be like to go on a Guided Trophy Jack Rabbit Hunt (Maybe some of the older members will remember it). I don't know if its still around, but I introduced a term to the cw.com vernacular in that story, and I feel it is appropriate to bring it up again.

Mollywhopped.

My Wildcats just Mollywhopped Mizzou!!!!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!!!

BearDown

• Like 2

I don't have my glasses on, and I did have a few beers after work, but does that score say 11-3?

That Alex Mejia is a stud!

This is one of those games where everything clicks for the wildcats. They also have only used two pitchers this weekend. They look to be peaking at the right time of year.

Meanwhile in tempe, The sun devils are playing the intramural team tonight...