gotcoues

Dillon's first taste of archery success, LBD!

Thank you Justin for sharing Dillon's hunt.

Dillon, I want to congratulate you on entering a group of hunters that call themselves bowhunters. I know friends twice, three, and four times your age who haven't accomplished what you just did. I'm so proud of you on your accomplishment young man. It helps to have a Dad like yours and a great friend like Tracey to mentor you but it was you and only you who kept the nerves together to pull that bow and make the perfect shot. WOW! I got cold chills reading your story and how you stuck in there after some other hunters showed up. Good things come to those who deserve it. I can't wait to shake your hand and personally congratulate you Dillon. :)

TJ

Dillon my daughter did the same thing. She had a really nice three point buck at 22 yards opening morning and even though she knew he was still around, as soon as her spike came in she didn't hesitate. In fact her buck and yours look a lot alike. Her and I were talking to a guy i know a few weeks ago and even though he has been hunting for years, he has never taken a buck with a bow. What you did is something special and you wont forget it for the rest of your life. Ask any bow hunter about thier first and they can remember it like it was yesterday.

This is just the first of many I'm sure because your dad is a great mentor. He is teaching you how to be a patient and courteous hunter.

Congrats

Yup, must be dusty as heck in this room I'm in, my eyes are awfully irritated right now ;)

Dad, you rock!! Coaching Dillon up to the last second he shoots is PRICELESS!!! My son is 7 and I can't wait for his turn to get behind the arrow. And big antlers or just bumps on it's head, I don't care, it'll be one of the best and proudest memories I will ever have as a Dad. Kudos to you for bringing that wonderful young man up in the woods like it should be! I don't even know you but the way you handled that situation of the other guys showing up is highly respectful in my book sir. You taught your son a great deal by handling it that way and I will log that in my head for future reference if the situation ever happens to me.

Thanks for sharing and a HUGE congrats to you Dillon for being part of "The Club" :)

• Like 1

Awesome Dillion!!! How sweet it is!! There are many adults who would do anything to take the buck that you took! You are hooked!

Mark

I had the pleasure of meeting Dillon at the cwt get together this year. He was showing off his archery skills to the adults. He was very outspoken about his shooting, and that made me instantly like the kid. I am happy to see that he put those skills to good use. This is a well deserved buck. Great job Dillon, you shot a great buck. David

Hey Dillon, CONGRATS TO YOU!!! Way to go!

Justin, great story. Thanks for writing it up to share with all of us.

HOW DID I MISS THIS POST!!!

Way to go Dillon!!!

Congratulations on your first of many archery successes.

Looks like you had some of the best help around too!

;)

Hey Dillon, fantastic job! Taking a coues deer with a bow is one incredible feat - but your practice, your patience and willingness to stay put all came together. And dad, nice job on getting him out there and creating such an awesome experience.

Huge Congrats, Dillon, on a fine hunt. I'm glad to see all that practice paid off - and a huge thanks to everyone who helped this young man create a memory he and his father will never forget.

great job BIg D........ u will never forget that buck... like i told your dad it doesnt mattter what bucks get killed this year that is by far the buck of the YEAR>>> congrats buddie....

Hey this is Dillon, my dad just told me there were a bunch more posts on my buck. Thanks again you guys. My dad was telling me who every one is on your post, very cool I have met some of you!

I'm going for Big Red in January!!!!!!!!!!!