Sign in to follow this  
JACK

2012 Bears in the Pears Video

The 2012 season has started off with a bang...I haven't been able to get out bear hunting for several years. Honestly it is hard for me to get motivated to go hike around in 100 degree heat and get eaten up by bugs...Bears can be pretty easy to find but...a lot of work to get on the ground and pack out. But a few weeks ago a friend talked me to going and looking around and see if we could find some bears in the pears. We went to one of his spots and right at dark I glassed up a bear...right on. One bear wasn't overwhelming but at least we knew they were down or could potentially be down in the pears...Had a few spots of my own to go check out..I kinda got the fever...and it was on. We ended up taking three bears...one on the first hunt and two on the second...My friend Dave was able to take his first bear on the first hunt...then my other buddy Dave came down from Utah and was able to harvest his first bear...and a dandy at that. He killed a big boar thats looks like it is going to be just shy of 21"...first bear and almost B&C...I was/am a little jealous...Then I was able to connect on a decent bear...and the best part was I got it all on film...good friends and good times...it was awesome!! Enjoy! Congrats to all who were able to give chase successful or not!!

Here is a link to the video... [media=]

[/media]

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

That was awesome! Well done and some fine shootin'. Looks like you did a great job of passing up obvious younger bears to whack a couple studs. How many bears did you see?

Nice bears. You make it look too easy. Great job!

Awesome video, thanks for posting. You saw more bears in a day than I have seen in my entire life!

"It wasn't recording" "are you serious" "Just kidding" Haha!

nice job. all these bear succsess storys are kinda giving me the itch. i aslways wondered how bear scat got in such neat piles

Awesome video,thanks for sharing!

Awesome bears guys! Really great footage also.