STOMP442

Long Range Dink 1,243 yards

This guy practices these ranges all the time. Just about every time I go out to the local range he's there shooting and fine tuning. At that distance even the slightest angle can change your point of impact dramatically. I'm sure this explains the first shot miss. Two shots to kill a deer at 1200 yards is pretty dang good. I know a lot of people who have shot far more times at far less yardage because they don't put in the work to know where thier gun shoots. Good job Clint. I know you put in the time and was confident at that range.

Guys, I can tell you that Stomp is more than capable to make this shot, he knows his equipment extremely well because he builds it,he is at the range at least 3 days a week year round. As far as the guy behind the binos i guarentee he knew what was going on or the shot wouldnt have happened.

Yeah that's really impressive shooting. But would you have gone up to find the deer if you had made a bad shot, or weren't sure? What if there was someone between you and the deer? That's really irresponsible and just done to show off. It should be saved for the range/competition. Yup I done pissed you guys off but there it is. One more question - were you sure it was a buck at that range or were you just trying to prove something. Those binocs are awesome but . . .

Hey STOMP,

Ignorant people don't deserve a response,

Nice buck and great shooting,

dude congats... haters are all over the place...

all one has to do is sit on a hill and listen to the shots coming from the canyons....boom, boom, boom, boom....(reload) then boom, boom, boom and I am SURE at closer distances... but nobody is gonna hate

• Like 2

Great shot. Don't worry about the haters, some can never be made happy. I missed a 300 yard shot this weekend that is typically routine for me. Misses happen at any range.

Guest 300ultramag.

I was actually glassing this area when it all went down.. I got about 17 seconds of it on film but I hit record after the shot..... and AFTER Thom C showed up to discuss the shot....

enjoy....

I can't believe how many people are defend finding this guy for shooting that distance. Looking at the picture he posted there are a lot of different hills the shooter could have moved to to get to a reasonable shooting distance. Its a hunters responsibility to get as close as possible before setting up for a shot. I Dont care how good you think you are you Dont shoot that far at an animal.

It's all about the hunter not the bullet right? If you have the equipment and confidance in making a shot like that I say go for it. I would never attempt a shot like that, I won't even shoot past 400yds, I don't feel confidant doing so, and when I'm hunting with Stick And String never over 50 yds. Again, It's the Indian not the Rifle!!!