bowsniper

Opening Day Success!!

yeah man, we need a good story to hold us over till the next weekend! The truck has to be clean by now, and the wife & kids have to be sick of you again by now, so where is our story? :lol:

You know he's just waiting for the wife and kids to fall asleep so he can get on her and tell his story! :P

Outstanding buck- love to see them in velvet!

Are those aluminum arrows? Wow! :rolleyes:

Story is coming (right) ?

AzP&Y

Doug

well it all goes back to the long weekend in may.I decided to try a new area. I never saw a buck but located a few does and some great tracks. I ended up putting some mineral salt and a camera out. turnes out I had found 2 great new sites with 7 bucks coming in. up to a few weeks ago the 2 big bucks pulled the big buck typ. only stopping by 1-2 x's a week. " both I would guess in the 110 range. opening friday my good buddy had 3 of those bucks come through on the trail as he was pulling his bow back that the 110" looked right at him and in an instance he put trees and brush between him.the other 2 did not react in time the bigger of them was hit and pilled up 40 yards away, this buck is a real wide 3 x3 close to 6" wider then mine. he has waited a long time to take his first coues. He ranked this and his # 1 animal with a bow. " he has taken 30-35 animals to date with many from africa and alaska.you have to love those coues.the good news january is just around the corner for that big buck. more later on mine.mike

yep, those are 2314 xx78 al. shafts with a 100 grain muzzy. I've shot this same set up for over 10 years and love it.

my stand had 4 bucks coming in a 2 x 2, 2 x 3, 3 x3 and yes a 6 x 5 plus eye guards for all bucks.the 2 x2 and 6 x5 my last pic was mid august.so I new other were still semi consistant.I got to my stand at about 4:15 am, just as the sunrise crestide the tree tops I could make out legs of deer walking 40 yards to my left. they vanished just as quick as they got there.2 hours went by and as I was reading in my little bible a movement apeared above my book.they were about 12 yards away walking to ward me :( . minutes seemed like hours when they are that close.as I layed down my book, my bucked looked right at me. :o . 10-12 minutes went by.not moving and I was squinting so hard my eyes started to hurt. finally the other buck proseded past me. as both bucks past I was able to put my release on the arrow. the 3 x3 started vering up and out. but my buck just stopped and watched. 3-5 min. past and my buck started to follow the other. as he turned I was able to draw and shoot in one motion. he ran about 30 yards and stopped to look back. seconds later I watched him fall in his tracks. :D .man that was a rush 2 years in a row opening day bucks around the same time.

those deer are incredible!!! they are so slow and there 6th sence is incredible..

after that opening morning, we hunted tell tuesday for my other hunting buddy. The only buck that we seen was at 4:00 am on the way to stand.

this has to be the worst weekend ever to start an archery hunt. I've never seen so many people!!! I hope they move it back the way it was.

come on january 1st. I can not wait to see those big bucks hard horns.

thank you Lord for another great coues buck... mike