Sign in to follow this  
singleshot

Jack woulda shot it!

Rasped out of a blank by hands that have seen over eight decades. Hands that were farmed out around the county during hay season as they could splice rope so tight it would still slide through block and tackle. Hands that never accepted a hand out, or a dime of welfare, were drafted into war, taught thousands of students, and raised four kids. Hands that know hard work, and the finesse of fine checkering...... each one an heirloom.

This one is Sarah's.... 7MM-08 built on a Marlin X7, the grip cap and tip are rosewood, Simms pad, 13 inch length of pull.

I think Jack woulda shot it...... but he really would have liked the .270 beside it.

post-958-0-39890500-1367873417_thumb.jpg

post-958-0-96209500-1367873522_thumb.jpg

post-958-0-08022900-1367873615_thumb.jpg

post-958-0-09752300-1367873689_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

IDK aout Jack, but I'd shoot it!

Beautiful wood !!!

Very nice and thanks for sharing this beauty. :)

TJ

that is just plain gorgeous!!

My thoughts exactly!

that is just plain gorgeous!!
My thoughts exactly!

realistically, I wouldn't want to take it out in the field for fear of scratching it.

Beautiful. Love the grain. Not trying to irritate anyone but to me there is nothing prettier than blued steel and wood grain.

No doubt he would have. Is that American Walnut? A rifle of that quality is something you don't see anymore. I'd certainly take it afield. Scratches and dings can be repaired, if so desired. But that's what makes memories and campfire stories.

realistically, I wouldn't want to take it out in the field for fear of scratching it.

That gun is too beautiful to hunt with!! I would be terrified to put a scratch in it. Nice looking rifle!!!

No doubt he would have. Is that American Walnut? A rifle of that quality is something you don't see anymore. I'd certainly take it afield. Scratches and dings can be repaired, if so desired. But that's what makes memories and campfire stories.

I learned at a very young age to sacrifice myself before my rifle. One of the stipulations of the build is that it is to be used for hunting. My wife fell on her .257 and snapped the stock through the grip, it was an awesome looking rifle. Fortunately my Dad built her another one that is even more wild. This is the first one built on a Marlin X7. I couldn't get into the $650.00 for a 700 just to throw away the tupperware. The X7 has a really good barrel, and an excellent trigger. Great buy for $400.00.