Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Dirty tactics once again from the AZGFD! Now you'll know why to never trust them

definitely keep this handy just in case I get into a bind. now there is a precedent. I wonder if channel 5 would hold the powerful accountable on this... as they claim.

We need to get this into the media... Start sending it to your news contacts and call the news hotlines...

There was once a time when other states modeled their fish and game depts after the AZG&F. Now our dept appears to be modeling itself after third world banana republics.

We need to get this into the media... Start sending it to your news contacts and call the news hotlines...

That's exactly what we need!!! WRONG!!! Why would you want the media dealing with this? Yes it is corrupt, but they are going to go after like the media always does, from an anti hunter perspective, it's just more ammo for them.

• Like 1

Here is a quote for you, straight from the AZGFD website?

Shawn Wagner, Region I Pinetop wildlife manager, was recently honored as “Wildlife Manager of the Year” by the department and as the “Pogue-Elms Officer of the Year” by the Western Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies (WAFWA).

“Wagner is an exceptional credit to the department,” says Bob Birkeland, wildlife manager supervisor. “He was nominated for this award for many reasons, including outstanding contributions to fish and wildlife law enforcement. He has shown great leadership, skill and ingenuity during the performance of his job, and in promoting law enforcement training and education for other officers. He has always demonstrated high ethics, standards and practices.”

I read the whole thing, and am not sure what Wagner was guilty of. Everyone else are the ones who screwed the pooch.

• Like 2

That's exactly what we need!!! WRONG!!! Why would you want the media dealing with this? Yes it is corrupt, but they are going to go after like the media always does, from an anti hunter perspective, it's just more ammo for them.

So lets coverup the coverup?? That makes no sense!

I have learned alot about the games laws and their interpration. Make sure you get the right witnesses and the right story as a lot of information is based soley on witnesses statements.

On a positive note, I glad this happened to a G&F employee and not one of us less informed hunters that would have likely been treated differently. Further, we likely would have not sought legal council!

I heard about his from a friend so I looked into it and ended up with these court documents. Heck who knows what else I might find looking through some of this stuff. None of us knew about this because they didn't want people to know. The bottom line is if ANY of us had done it we would be in court right now with fines and losing out license. We all know that would be the case. Although I don't like AZGFD I do have a friend who works for them that already told me that recently after this incident there was a meeting with all officers. They were talked to about the incident and were told to tell others that is was completely legal to let someone else finish off your animal if need be. Which is completely absurd. But in the end it may be a good thing! Sounds like a good way for us to be able to sign our tag over to a friend if we have to leave :) just shoot an elk and wound it, sign the transport tag over to your buddy and let him have at it to "finish" your animal. We all might be getting to hunt every year now if our friends get drawn! I'm kidding but it just kinda shows you how ridiculous this whole thing is. I am posting it to most of the hunting websites I know of and am going to write a letter to Gov. Jan Brewer to ask her if she even knows about the incident and why no one was punished for what happened. Some are saying Wagner was not at fault but how can it be ok for him to even put someone in that situation? He knew better than to leave his tag with someone else and ask them to finish it for him if they found it. I'm very thankful that I was able to find court documents to back up what I have said. I do bring up a lot of stuff about the AZGFD and I noticed that those that worship them and defend them in the other posts where I have no hard evidence haven't come to the rescue on this thread. Because there is no denying how messed up the department is after this one.

This is unbelievable. Some of my favorite quotes from the document:

"Neither Chandler nor any of the AzG&F employees who were there had any concerns about what they were doing"

" Ordway acknowledged the public at large would have an interest in how the AzG&F conducted investigations into complaints against its officers. (Id.at 253, 255, 270.) " Um, yes, hence this thread.

“[W]ell, you guys are the ones that wanted us to play by the rules."

I wonder if Wagner is going to be getting a raise anytime soon? Haha. Wow, all i can say in unbelievable.

I heard about his from a friend so I looked into it and ended up with these court documents. Heck who knows what else I might find looking through some of this stuff. None of us knew about this because they didn't want people to know. The bottom line is if ANY of us had done it we would be in court right now with fines and losing out license. We all know that would be the case. Although I don't like AZGFD I do have a friend who works for them that already told me that recently after this incident there was a meeting with all officers. They were talked to about the incident and were told to tell others that is was completely legal to let someone else finish off your animal if need be. Which is completely absurd. But in the end it may be a good thing! Sounds like a good way for us to be able to sign our tag over to a friend if we have to leave :) just shoot an elk and wound it, sign the transport tag over to your buddy and let him have at it to "finish" your animal. We all might be getting to hunt every year now if our friends get drawn! I'm kidding but it just kinda shows you how ridiculous this whole thing is. I am posting it to most of the hunting websites I know of and am going to write a letter to Gov. Jan Brewer to ask her if she even knows about the incident and why no one was punished for what happened. Some are saying Wagner was not at fault but how can it be ok for him to even put someone in that situation? He knew better than to leave his tag with someone else and ask them to finish it for him if they found it. I'm very thankful that I was able to find court documents to back up what I have said. I do bring up a lot of stuff about the AZGFD and I noticed that those that worship them and defend them in the other posts where I have no hard evidence haven't come to the rescue on this thread. Because there is no denying how messed up the department is after this one.

Bc777 I'm sorry but I totally disagree with you! Wagner did not ask them to kill his bull! They all agreed it was a fatal shot and he simply asked them if they found it the next morning to put his tag on it and get the meat to the processor . However when Mr Clay decide to empty his quiver on this bull it should have been his tag placed in the animal and not Wagners . I agree that If it were you or I we would be revoked ! So here is what im thinking! You have a 23 N hunt in Sept so i well shoot your Bull for you like Mr Clay did Mr wagners 😁. Sorry I can't pay you 100k like the dept paid I actually work for my money so it harder to let it go. I think the dept should trade the quail logo on the side of there trucks for a clown logo ! It seems to be a much better fit!

• Like 3