hunter1026

Leupold vs vortex

I'm looking at getting a new scope between the leupold vx-2 6-18 bdc and the vortex viper hs long range both are the same price $549 which do you guys thing is a better scope to go with

I would go with the vortex. I have owned the viper hs, viper pst, razor hd, and kaibab binos and have been satisfied with all of them. From a features standpoint, I have always liked the viper hs lr. You may want to also look at their new scope, the viper hs-t. Good luck and let us know what you decide to get!

I aske the same question a while back. Then I just thought to myself and picked the one I knew I could trust and for me it was a vx3 4.5-14 I know a lot of people say vortex is a good scope in the price range bot I read some reviews that didn't make me happy. I have a vxi vxii and vxiii all work great and keep on target year after year. I would go for the leupold

I like both scopes but have to say the Leopold is a much lighter scope and with its 1" tube is a lot easier and cheaper to find quality rings for. I can't tell the difference between glass quality as both offer crystal clear pictures for my eyes but I do think the Leopold is a nicer looking optic especially on a hunting rifle.

I've got a couple of the Vortex Viper scopes and love them. I can highly recommend them.

Leopold provided my yardage turrets from their custom shop for free. I supplied ballistic info, caliber, muzzle velocity etc and they made up the turrets. Vortex I believe charges 100 plus bucks. I bought V3 i 4.5 x 14

Vortex. I own both, and like the vortex better. Plus, you can't beat the no fault warranty.

I have both and like both. If you are really going to shoot long range +500 the Vortex probably has better features. If not go with the Leupy it will be much lighter. I think the glass will be pretty evenly matched and both are good companies. Vortex has the better warranty.

I have literally bought 10 + scopes from vortex and continue to do so because of price, warranty, and customer service. I believe Leupold has a better quality scope, not by much, but it is not worth to me to spend the extra money for the Leupold IMO. Im a poor man

I have literally bought 10 + scopes from vortex and continue to do so because of price, warranty, and customer service. I believe Leupold has a better quality scope, not by much, but it is not worth to me to spend the extra money for the Leupold IMO. Im a poor man

You really think the Leupold is better? I'm not so sure. Maybe tube construction and dials are better? I like my Vortex glass better than what is on my Leupold's ... VXIII's. Don't think I can say that I like Vortex glass better than Zeiss, which I have, but it isn't far off. Same with Sightron ... I think that scope is a little brighter, but it cost $400 more ... if I had it to do over again I'd have done a Vortex on that rifle too ... if nothing else for the warranty.

Too many times I've read of vortex not returning to Zero on turrets. I say go Leo...but I've never owned a vortex..

Yes I really do think leupold has a better scope, just my opinion.

I can't complain about either one... I own both and haven't had a problem with either one.. no problems returning to zero either. I wouldn't do Vortex's HS Long range scope though, they almost had a good thing until they put 1/2 MOA clicks for the elevation! 1/2 MOA is counter intuitive for a long range scope. Vortex did however just come out with a new scope in the last couple of weeks that is still in that same price range and offers many great features. Its real similar to the long range, but it has 1/4 MOA clicks for both elevation and windage. The new scope they call the HST right now it is only offered in 4-16x44, but it has the external turrets, zero stop and the 30MM tube. For me I like those features offered on the Vortex and would probably do another one of those. ....but if you flipped a coin I don't think you would be disappointed with either one.