Sign in to follow this  
joey lvr

coues art

Here are a few that I have drawn. PM me if you want something done.

post-2362-0-00908500-1388767743.jpg

My Dads mid 130's buck

post-2362-0-62357900-1388767805_thumb.jpg

Randy Ulmer's Wife's Ram

post-2362-0-72241000-1388767957_thumb.jpg

Matt Liljenquist's "Archery Grand Slam + One"

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Nice! Do you sell prints? Please pm me with some info, I'm interested in your work. Thanks, Tommy.

Mike Fabritz does great work. He did many of the designs we use on tshirts, which are based on bucks members have killed.

Here is one based on the buck Josh killed several years ago. I use that design on the envelopes I mail people stuff in. I love it! I haven't heard from Mike in quite awhile though. But his designs have been used on recordbooks and sold at wildlife auctions and he does great framing too.

post-1-0-26345600-1388783348.jpg

• Like 3

Wow! You guys have talent, I am limited to stick figure animals.

• Like 2

good stuff gentleman!

SHOOTER--the mule deer painting is Acrylic. the rest were Dr. Phil Martin's liquis acrylic watercolor. i wouldnt mind a copy some of these awesome pieces. trade?

The top is my first drawing/watercolor of Coues white-tailed deer. Inspiration came from a photograph I have seen here on this forum, plus a famous Arizona White-tailed deer painting by Louis Agassiz Fuertes seen in Wild Animals of North America. 

The bottom is a larger scaled version using oil paints. The drawing is slightly different. I am wondering if acrylics is easier. 

IMG_20190730_113057_762.jpg

IMG_20200107_154926_110.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

that photo may be the essence of this website in its furtive, last second look over the shoulder.  and Amanda even invokes Jack O'Connor in the caption.  the upper painting is as inspiring as the photo-just a wonderfully euphoric vision.....Thank you.

lee  

• Love 1

There is something fascinating with white-tailed deer of the West and how they find their niche amongst several large herbivores. They are my favorite North American deer. I enjoyed viewing the Northwest white-tailed deer in Idaho Panhandle (in my profile) and Texas white-tailed deer in the Hill Country (decades ago). I look forward to see the Coues deer in AZ or NM.  If I do New Mexico I would like to visit Fort Bayard (Coues deer) and Cloudcroft (Texas white-tailed deer) in the Sacramento Mountains.

The other would be the Columbian white-tailed deer in Roseburg, OR. These past few years have been a first for me dabbing into photography while combining sketching and painting.

Edited by washingtondc
Added info

On 1/3/2014 at 2:09 PM, CouesWhitetail said:

Mike Fabritz does great work. He did many of the designs we use on tshirts, which are based on bucks members have killed.

Second that. Copies of two his prints are used in the "How To Hunt Coues Deer" book. Like you, I haven't seen or spoken to Mike for many years. Last time was when he was still working for Gore in Flagstaff.

• Like 2

Not a drawing ( love to draw ) but a mule deer bronze sculpture I did a couple of years ago.

mule deer.jpg

• Like 7

large.jpg.a353b4e3aaee36814ae05250b127738e.jpgdownloadfile-8.thumb.jpg.a0f7f209c94ec6e1d425d79b6f7cea22.jpgphoto-11051.thumb.jpeg.1610cbcedddae5cfb52f9d1072d0c5da.jpeg

Im fond of the artists renditions of Yaqui Deer Dancers. I've seen numerous drawings and been to live performances, a Coues head is always the symbolic deer used by these folks.

When I came across the drawing above had to adopt it as my avatar. In some way paying tribute to my Yaqui side of the family and grandma Anna.

• Like 4