Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Amazing Dove Season

I had several friends planning on coming to town for the Dove opener. I really wanted them to have a good time. I've been scouting really hard to find some really good Dove spots. After several weeks of scouting I was pretty sure Sunday morning was going to be good. Little did I know it was going to be Awesome!

As the sun came up on Sunday morning my friends and I were sitting on the edge of a Dairy Farm. As soon as it was legal to shoot, the fun began. Over the next several hours we shot over 52 Eurasian Dove, Farm Pigeon's & our limit of Morning/White Wing's. It was the best Dove hunting I have ever experienced.

Unfortunately my son was not able to join us in the morning. We came back and for an evening Eurasian hunt. Again it was Awesome! My son shot several Eurasian & a few Mornings’. He had a great time.

The next day we tried a farm in Stanton with little success. My son did manage to get 3 Eurasian’s, but that's it.

Monday morning our Farm spot was all dried up. Plenty of Morning Dove, but the Eurasian’s were gone. That night I took my son to another spot I had scouted. It was Awesome. He was able to get 8 morning Dove. This was his first time shooting a 12 ga. He did Great!

Wednesday night we went back to the same spot as Monday evening. It was truly Amazing! My son was able to get his limit of 10 birds in about an hour. I think he averaged 2 birds a box:) It was a lot of fun. That night we cooked the day's Dove as soon as we got home. A little seasoning, Bacon, A1 sauce and a tooth pick created a great dinner.

This year's Dove season is going to be a lifelong memory for both of us. We have never had so much fun together.

I hope all of you are having as much fun as we are.

Looking forward to tonight.

post-1205-0-03704700-1378422419_thumb.jpeg

post-1205-0-65177300-1378422453_thumb.jpeg

post-1205-0-14478900-1378422490_thumb.jpeg

post-1205-0-07720800-1378422506_thumb.jpeg

post-1205-0-88853900-1378422521_thumb.jpeg

post-1205-0-48452900-1378422535_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

VERY awesome!!!! Great pics and it looks like a GREAT time with the young man! Good pics! Thanks for sharing.....

I went to a friend's dairy and killed a limit before work today. Love dove season! ;)

S.

:)

Shooting Eurasion's all day makes you very spoiled! They are much bigger and a lot dumber than white wings:)

Awesome!!! Glad to see that others are having as good a time as I am... I just wish there were more eurasians down here

That is awesome!!! Great pictures and the smile on your sons face says it all!

I love it!

Man oh man, big time kudos to you for getting your friends and young boy out!

By you saying it was your best ever, say a lot!

Reminds me of my first ever dove hunt as a kid. I only wish i was half as happy as your son! Great job dad!

You bet it's going to be a lifelong memorie and I'm sure there will be more to come. The pictures are awesome and the smiles tell the whole story. Thanks for sharing and especially thanks for getting the little one out there. Sounds like your season so far has been a good one. If only more Dads were like you and took the time to get their children out hunting.

It certainly brought a smile to my face reading and looking at your pictures. :)

TJ

Nice! Always a good time watching the little ones get some birds. I miss living in Tucson just for dove season. The best day I ever had I limed out in 10 shots in half an hour. All the birds went south already where I'm at.