azcouesfanatic

Big Bull Found dead in Unit 1

If you shot or you know someone who shot and lost a good bull on the West side of Unit 1 let me know. The bull was killed several days ago and it is a very nice bull. If you can tell me what part of the unit you shot it and what it looks like I will tell you where to go find it.

Holy crap a good friend of mine indeed lost a great bull a few days ago on the west side I will pm you with where they are camped and his name.

• Like 1

yep a lot of people dont practice worth a darn. theres also the scum of hunting that will score a bull on the ground

Ya Know when I was younger the thought of that never occurred to me, then a friend of mine told me about a friend of his that he had hunted with. This guy had a unit 1 bull tag and he stated that his bull had to be over 350". Why? Because our mutual friend had killed a 350" bull the year before. He shot a bull that upon inspection he didnt think was big enough, and walked away from it. He ended up shooting a rag horn 5 point on the last day for the meat. My friend has never hunted with or to my knowledge even talked to that dude again. We went in and found that bull about a month later, he scores 343". Plenty big enough to hang on my wall! Guys that do things like that should be neutered in my opinion.

Good luck to all those out searching for their bulls, and don't forget to ask for some help from up above!

• Like 2

If you shot or you know someone who shot and lost a good bull on the West side of Unit 1 let me know. The bull was killed several days ago and it is a very nice bull. If you can tell me what part of the unit you shot it and what it looks like I will tell you where to go find it.

Brian, I hope you are able to reunite someone with their trophy! Good luck!

yep a lot of people dont practice worth a darn. theres also the scum of hunting that will score a bull on the ground[/quote

Ya Know when I was younger the thought of that never occurred to me, then a friend of mine told me about a friend of his that he had hunted with. This guy had a unit 1 bull tag and he stated that his bull had to be over 350". Why? Because our mutual friend had killed a 350" bull the year before. He shot a bull that upon inspection he didnt think was big enough, and walked away from it. He ended up shooting a rag horn 5 point on the last day for the meat. My friend has never hunted with or to my knowledge even talked to that dude again. We went in and found that bull about a month later, he scores 343". Plenty big enough to hang on my wall! Guys that do things like that should be neutered in my opinion.

Good luck to all those out searching for their bulls, and don't forget to ask for some help from up above! [/quote)

This happens way more than people think. I was appalled to find out how many times this happens in our units. From the storys I have heard first hand its alot of normal hunters but alot more from "helpers" taking bull not quite to the size the contributing friends liking. Not all are like and sure its a select few. But man what a bad wrap us as ethical hunters get and even worse what crappy lesson to teach our children to carry on good ethics of hunting gods creatures. All I can say is Karma. God bless

• Like 1

yep a lot of people dont practice worth a darn. theres also the scum of hunting that will score a bull on the ground

Good luck to all those out searching for their bulls, and don't forget to ask for some help from up above!

I sure hope Operation Game Thief was called. It's one thing to hit and lose a bull, then after days of searching, take another bull. But to shoot and recover a bull, then, based on it's size, walk away and shoot another one? F-that.

1-800-352-0700, just in case you didn't have the number...

• Like 2

Did your friend turn him it to G&F for want and waste. If not should have its a crime

• Like 1