Sign in to follow this  
Norteno

What kind of track is this?

Just finished up my mule deer hunt with my Dad in Northern NM. Had a great time despite the lack of bucks in the area. Dad shot a decent fork last hour prior to heading home. Sorry no pics.

The area was hit Hard by the rains. There was evidence of every wash and canyon running hard with water. Every tank was full and the washes were still wet. While walking through one of the washes leading to a tank this track caught my attention. Kinda freaked me out and I only found two of them. I know what it looks like but it doesn't make sense.

The area is private land and this tank was up on a Mesa behind locked gate. There are also natural gas wells all around the area. There is no reason anyone would be walking in the area unless they were herding cattle or hunting.

post-5874-0-47723200-1382415447_thumb.jpg

post-5874-0-52669000-1382415470_thumb.jpg

The love child of Squatch and an Alien.

Using the deer track as a size reference it looks like a womens size 7 to me. I also counted what looked like a distinct 5 toes.

Well if its by a wash or close to one with a womans footprint!!! its the ""LA Llorona"" looking for her baby"s!!!....lol! :lol:

• Like 1

Drunk redneck. Looks to have been drinking PBR

Its a skin walker bro! Set up a trail cam! Maybe next time it'll be a coyote track. lol