Guest wdenike

COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL GREED AND ROBBERY!!!!!!!

I am a nonresident & have been hunting & applying for tags in az for the last 6 years. I think the cost of the 2014 combo license is a good deal. I never fish when I am there, but now I can for a tiny fee. The cost of tags is a little hard to swallow, but fish & game need to make money to manage the states resources. Check around in other states, and you will see az is not out of line its the price you pay to hunt. If you brown bag your lunch everyday & save all year as I do than the money is there for hunting. If you don't like the prices don't buy the license nobody is forcing you.

• Like 1

/>You should of had him pick up an apprentice license... Its free and good for two consecutive days for small game.

I believe this is for residents only?

Requiring the purchase of a fishing license raises the number of overall fishing licenses sold in the state and provides for additional federal dollars to flow into our game and fish department's hands. It's a good deal and provides benefit for all.

/>

You should of had him pick up an apprentice license... Its free and good for two consecutive days for small game.

It's good for both, resident and nonresident.

Requiring the purchase of a fishing license raises the number of overall fishing licenses sold in the state and provides for additional federal dollars to flow into our game and fish department's hands. It's a good deal and provides benefit for all.
provided that it doesn't turn potential buyers away

/>

/>

You should of had him pick up an apprentice license... Its free and good for two consecutive days for small game.

It's good for both, resident and nonresident.

That's awesome! Thanks for the info

The thing I don't agree with is the fact that you have to purchase a license in order to apply for a tag. If you don't get drawn your out the price of the license. I don't know about all other states, but I have hunted Colorado and there you purchase a tag. The unit I hunt in Colorado you can purchase an over the counter tag and no license on top of that. Colorado calls it's tag a license, so you purchase an elk or deer license. I believe the cost for the draw in Colorado is $3.00 non-refundable. Not $160.00, plus application fee like in AZ.

I see the argument for being forced to buy something you dont want and will never use.

Like Obamacare...

• Like 2

Exactly what I was thinking. :D

TJ

/>This is always a funny topic to me, and one that arises every year, or every time there is a slight increase in pricing when it comes to our wildlife.

Based on most peoples reactions it sounds like most of you would rather not have any type of game department. All they do is take our hard earned money at such high costs for tags and put regulations on when, where and what we can hunt. If we didn't have G and F in place you realize there wouldn't be anything for you to hunt right? No regulation equals no bag limit, no nothing. The Human race and strictly just us hunters, have such a high demand for shooting game, it would be interesting to see how fast, everything would get shot out. If you don't agree with this statement look at our history. The bison, most elk populations, passenger pigeons, just to name a few. Proof that we are all greedy hunters. Even though our animals are viewed as a natural recurring resource there still has to be something in place to keep tabs on them.

Basically what I see when this topic arises is this. I WANT to hunt animals. I DONT want to pay any money to do it. Those two statements can not go hand in hand in our public arena for hunting.

I CHALLENGE you to come up with a management strategy for just one of our state units AND for just ONE SPECIES and see what it takes. Figure out how many animals are in the population, how many you can take out without affecting it. Of course that harvest is dependent on not only hunters. Predation, weather, food. Then determine how you are going to select hunters that get to go because there is an obvious limit to how many can hunt. How you are going to figure out how many of those hunters were successful so you can keep tabs on your population numbers. These are just some recommendations. And as always there are bad apples out there so how are you going to make sure everyone is playing by the rules that you have set out to follow. Do that and figure out everything that you need to do it. Then tell us how much MONEY it is going to cost you.

Here is the Response you will get from YOURSELF after you get this all accomplished:

I, as a loyal hunter that wants to hunt this unit, am going to go hunt it but I don't want to pay you even close to what it costed you to make this available for ME! Sound about right?

The other big picture you have to look at is our economy. What it costs for stuff. It costs a whole lot more for gas now that it did when I was in High School. To think that G and F can keep the same pricing and do the same job!!! COME ON NOW.

Now I am not saying that our Game and Fish is the best. There are tons of things that I think they could do different and better, but I have neither the time or the drive to go and make those changes and thusly I can't and DONT complain about it.

Non-Resident prices, Thats a whole other topic. Still at $160 bucks to hunt and fish all year!!! Seems like a good deal to me. Thats only like 44 cents a day. Less than you pay for your big gulp or coffee at circle k every morning.

I guess in the end what I am trying to say is........IF YOU DON"T LIKE THE PRICES OR WHATEVER ELSE SHOW US/THEM WHY YOU FEEL THAT WAY AND THE REASONING IT SHOULDN'T BE. There's gotta be some proof behind your complaint otherwise SUCK IT UP :)

In the grand scheme of BIG GAME HUNTING as a whole, our prices here in AZ are WAY WAY affordable and cheap. If you don't believe me make a spread sheet, with all the necessary licenses, tags and permits that you want and average it out per day for a year. I think you will be surprised how little money it really is.

^^^^ Excellent post!! ^^^^

Have you looked at the price of Nevada bull elk tags and New Mexico big horn sheep tags lately?? Arizona is one of the more reasonable states yet has some of the most diversified game and some if the best trophy potential available for several species.

At least in Arizona they give you a bonus point if you buy a license. Ever apply in Idaho? You have to buy a license to apply AND you DO NOT even get a bonus point. Now THAT is a rip off. I don't like it but don't complain about it. I just don't apply there. I'm not willing to give a state my money over above an application fee for piss poor draw odds and nothing else in return.

We get spoiled where I live. We get sheep tags, moose tags, caribou tags, bear tags, deer tags, goat tags over the counter for ZERO dollars. Hunting licenses are $25.00. For the best drawing tags, it's a $5.00 application fee per choice (except bison, those are a $10.00 app fee) and tags drawn are mailed to our doors with no charge! God bless Alaska!

• Like 2

Guest wdenike

I see the argument for being forced to buy something you dont want and will never use.

Like Obamacare...

Glad some are viewing the whole picture. Dad didn't have a problem with paying to support what he loves, nor do I !! But just keeping it real as far as GREED entering into the picture. All you do gooder number crunchers. Do a little research, and see how many western states don't even require a license to hunt coyotes. After all we are talking about an animal that if we had nuclear bombs dropped all over the country. Mr. Coyote would be a survivor. But I think all you do gooders are right. Greed has nothing to do with this. The coyote needs all protection it can get along with the wolf. :o And if ya think the amount of fishing licenses being sold will not be used to justify hiring more game wardens. ( GOVERNMENT JOBS ) Because government is the answer for everything. :rolleyes: Just keep your head buried in the sand cause I'm sure you have their same point of view. For example California houndsmen lost their privilege to run bear, lion, and bobcat. A big deal is being made that they only sold half the bear licenses in a state that already has a bear nuisance problem. Watch what happens there. If you think sound game management will prevail. You are delusional. They will higher 20 ta 40 government hunters and slaughter the wild life. Again GOVERNMENT JOBS :P . They will fix it all. Sad part is when this type of cancer sets in ya can't even vote it out. :angry: But, oops I forgot!!! The ones ya can vote in or out don't have an ounce of shame and do as they dam well please anyway. So we should all just hope our little piece of sky continues to stay above our head. So we can be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Take care, Willie