Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

Question for Amanda or others familiar with Boyce Thompson

Ok, here is the scoop on the tree.....info is from Kim Stone, an arboretum employee.

The tree is a pistachio in the pistachio festival area, which is across from the Clevenger house at the arboretum. The tree is not marked, but it's at the edge of a berm before it descends into the creek. There are two trees about the same height (20 feet) and it's the one that is furthest to the west.

for a map of the arboretum click this link and search for Clevenger house. the pistachio area is across from that.

http://azstateparks.com/Parks/BOTH/downloads/BOTH_Park_Map.pdf

You can also just ask staff where the tree is when you get there.

• Like 1

Ho ho, ha ha, hee hee, ha ha, ho ho, ha ha, hee hee, ha ha......

Old memories, for sure...... Now I can't get the tune out of my mind!!! ;)

S.

:)

• Like 1

Lucky buggers. Growin up in Tucson, we had The Uncle Bob Show on a Nogales station, afternoons. My sister was on it, looked funny in black and white.

MULEPACKHUNTER, you are so going to regret mentioning that you won a Ladmo Bag... LOL

• Like 2

I remember that show! my cousin won a bag, we didn't talk for awhile. i was so pissed... wait, does that mean I'm ancient?

Who can name all the characters Pat McMahon played? I remember Gerald, Aunt Maude, The Wizard, Mr. Grudgemyer, Captain Super.... I know there is more I'm missing. Great show when a lot of us were growing up!

eta...Marshall Good and Boffo the Clown.

I used to watch the show all the time. Great memories! Never got a bag :(

I'm glad someone posted the Wikipedia link. Without it, I would have had no clue as to what you were talking about. Kids my age in Yuma listened to "The Shadow" and "The Green Hornet" on radio and rode our bikes downtown every Saturday morning for the "Square Shooters Club" at the Lyric Theatre. A ticket, a bag of popcorn and a Coke cost only a quarter, but it would take most of the week for me to earn it. Black and white western films were serialized and we had to wait for the next installment to see how Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, or Hopalong Cassidy escaped death from (take your pick) gunshots or arrows, bombs, fire, falling off a cliff, stampede, a runaway train or wagon, or poison. Television didn't reach Yuma until I was in eighth grade, and my parents didn't buy a TV set until after I left to attend the UA in 1954. They spent a lot of time watching roller derbies and the Howdy Doody Show in black and white on a round 12-inch screen in a huge cabinet.

Bill Quimby

• Like 3