Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

Who's going out on the rifle hunt?

Well, I guess maybe whomever is going has already left? I picked up a leftover tag for unit 29 and am going down tomorrow mid-day. Taking my bow and .45 cal Winchester Magnum. Maybe my .50 cal Muzzleloader too, just in case. :) Good luck to anyone reading this that's going.

• Like 1

I'll be in Happy Valley, got me a 33 tag and a left over 36A. Plan on tagging out in 36A on Friday and then donating my 33 tag to my son who couldnt seal the deal on his jr hunt. Weather is quite a bit warmer this year compared to last year, not too happy about that but oh well, at least I'm huntin.

My 9 year old daughter and i will be in 33. Don't know how good we will do. We have been scouting every other weekend and have not found a pig yet and she has two soccer games each day sat. and sun.. Hope we see something Fri.. Her eyes and mine are almost worn out trying to find them. One good thing about is she has found a total of 17 wt deer all by herself of which 5 were bedded down. So hopefully we can find them next deer season. Good luck!

• Like 1

I'll be in 6A. Going to try to XLR a piggie. Hopefully it is calm winds. If I can't get the long shot I want I'll move in with the AR.

Headed out to 20A tomorrow with a couple buddies. I am taking my .257 Roy but fully intend to try and use my .38 Super pistol if at all possible. Maybe we will get lucky and tag out on Friday and get to sit around and drink beer on Saturday! Doubtful though. I foresee a lot of hiking some nasty scrub brush in our future.

I'll be on my way to 16A early Friday afternoon and maybe staying until Monday. I will be using an AR in 223. Good luck to everyone and be safe.

I agree with EMR about keeping an eye open for Rattle Snakes. This warm weather may bring them out.

I'll be out in 37b in Blaze Orange with 999 yahoos with rifles. I got skunked in HAM hunt so I'll be out there with my bow again. Taking a new friend on his first hunt. Guy is super excited so hopefully we can find some piggies!