Mthomas

Best unit in AZ

Last year we had 3 late bull tags in unit 9 went scouting months prior found some bulls but when the hunt came we spent 8 days up their and saw 4 cows the entire hunt.

• Like 1

Yep ^. Pretty basic knowledge that unit 9 is not the "great unit" during the late hunt. I always laugh when guys get exited that they drew a 9 late bull tag.

IMO 9 ,23 might be the top 2 units. Unit 10 is just getting worse I think but still big bulls there.

Its the one YOU know the best. Is the best unit.

• Like 3

Best unit to hunt elk in is the unit you have a tag for. Every unit has potential to produce a few huge bulls. Some produce more big bulls than others year to year but it depends how much you scout work hard and effort you put in to find that big bull. For me this year the best unit happens to be 9 or 10 because I drew a early archery bull tag in one of them. Good luck to the lucky tag holders this year

Their are alot of sleeper units for big bulls. Every unit that holds elk, holds a few mature bulls. Gotta find em. No elk tag for me so ill continue my quest for that archery buck. I dont even wanna hear the word elk for the rest of the year...

I understand the whole what ever unit you know is the best or what ever tag you have is the best at that time. I would love to see the scoreboard. What units produce the most booked animals. Boone and pope. If you are a member of these clubs is that info available? Would like to see that list.

I understand the whole what ever unit you know is the best or what ever tag you have is the best at that time. I would love to see the scoreboard. What units produce the most booked animals. Boone and pope. If you are a member of these clubs is that info available? Would like to see that list.

The reason you get so many different answers is because it is completely subjective. But as far as trophy potential goes, all the so called experts(guides, outfitters, etc.) seem to somewhat agree. They all seem to agree that 9 and 10 are the top two, followed by 23, 8 and 7W. The current Pope and Young typical record was shot in 10 and the non-typical was shot in 8. I realize these aren't hard numbers from the record book but I'm sure these guys have done their homework since they are paid to.

• Like 1

Or its the units they live close to and have time to find elk and not spend all there time traveling you got guides that pick there local units as example the guys that hunt 27 and 1 don't have to drive across the state to hunt 8 9 10 so they rather guide in there local units then you got guys that live in 8 9 10 so they hunt there and don't have to drive across the state

• Like 1

No doubt 23N and 9. Unit 10 has too many tags!

+++1 THERE ARE SOME OTHER POCKETS BUT THERE OUR SECRETS!