5guyshunting

remington 700 sendero nightmare

I purchased this rifle and set it up. I decided to buy 150 grain remington core lokts for break in and 100 yard sighting. They are 28.99 per box and eventually I plan to reload so I will have the brass. After 60 rounds , this is the worst rifle I have ever owned. 6 inch groups at 100 yards. My 270 wsm does better at 520 yards with 130 grain core lokts. Today I shot a 300 win mag with a 5 shot 1 inch group at 100 yards. Is it the gun? Is it the ammo? Is it the leupold v 3 6.5-20x50. thanx for any input

post-8438-0-71682900-1399256758_thumb.jpg

What is the story behind gun? Is it brand new? Or did you buy it off here? I think I know this gun. Even with factory hornaday 162 stt ammo this gun shot less than half in moa. I would switch ammo first. I have two of these and shoot amazing

P.s. use some decent ammo. Or try your own load. 71 gns h100 with sst 162 is a good place to start with that gun. I have hornaday brass and bullets if it would help you out

I will do you a favor and take that piece of crap off your hands for $300...

I will up the current bid and offer you $375

What is the story behind gun? Is it brand new? Or did you buy it off here? I think I know this gun. Even with factory hornaday 162 stt ammo this gun shot less than half in moa. I would switch ammo first. I have two of these and shoot amazing

P.s. use some decent ammo. Or try your own load. 71 gns h100 with sst 162 is a good place to start with that gun. I have hornaday brass and bullets if it would help you out

Brand new and timney 2lb trigger

It's most likely the scope. Be careful about how hard you torque down the rings. I messed a scope up once by tightening the rings too hard. Got a torque wrench now and was surprised how little torque is actually recommended by my ring mfg. also if the rings are not lapped or the base screw holes are not exactly inline the scope can get tweeked.

The other thing could be the action screw. If you have the Sendero with the HS Precision stock the recommend torque is 65 lbs.

I'm sure you've already done this, but the first thing I would check is the scope mounts to make sure there are no issues there, then swap a scope over from one of you other rifles that you know is solid. If you are still getting wild groups with a scope you know is good and the mounts are solid, then you know it's an issue with the rifle or ammo, but that gun shouldn't shoot 6 inch groups with any ammo at 100 yards.

what caliber? I had the same problem with a 300 ultra mag I built. tried to shoot nothing but a barnes 165 grn bullet. many different combos of powder, primers & brass...same results! I was about to sale it when I talked to Les Szabo of Red Hawk rifles. he had me send him the gun & he got it to shoot sub .500 MOA just by going to a heavier bullet. now I shoot 185 grn Burger VLD hunting bullet. good luck & don't give up. everyone I know, who has a Sendaro, found a load their rifle liked & they shoot awesome!

It's most likely the scope. Be careful about how hard you torque down the rings. I messed a scope up once by tightening the rings too hard. Got a torque wrench now and was surprised how little torque is actually recommended by my ring mfg. also if the rings are not lapped or the base screw holes are not exactly inline the scope can get tweeked.

The other thing could be the action screw. If you have the Sendero with the HS Precision stock the recommend torque is 65 lbs.

Scope is torqued to 18 inch pounds and the talley rings are at 30 the stock is at 65 and im really torqued!

I think it's the scope or mounts. Try playing with those two things and let us know what you find out. That gun should be a lot better than that. I think there are more lemons in scopes than rifles. Someone mentioned crown, explore that and also bedding.

$500

Everyone I know that has a sendero shots sub MOA. That's sucks man. Super frustrating! Been there. What caliber?