Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

My sleeping bag sucks/// Which one to get

thats how i like it too champ but going further into woods now kids bigger

Nothing but the ELK HUNTER. rated for -35. It's a huge bag as far as dimensions and ver very warm.

I have two and one more.

Well Einstein That would make 3 then wouldn't it??

Nothing but the ELK HUNTER. rated for -35. It's a huge bag as far as dimensions and ver very warm.

I have two and one more.

ok I have two and need one more. That would be two.

buy a good down bag. Very warm, packs down to nothing, and very light, just pick a brand that fits you and your set.

i got a canvas bag over sized -30, cost $72.00 from sportsman guide magazine, love it on top of my oversized slumberjack cott

Whichever one you buy, the +20 rule that was mentioned is a good rule. If it's rated for zero, don't plan on being warm if it's zero!

I have the Cabela's Magnum 44" rated at -20. I hardly ever zip the foot or side (separate zippers) it's so warm. If you're a big guy, I'd recommend it, lots of room to stretch out and flip around, plus it has a removable liner for ease of washing.

Spend the $ and buy a Butler Bag. Best there is, and will last a very long time.

Just checked and right now there is a 0* Down-X mummy for $150, for the next 90 minutes. I figure 0 rating should be comfortable at 20 degrees

I have two and one more.

ok I have two and need one more. That would be two.

hey sir isach newton lets talk about the apple your gonna take in the head.

Like already stated buy a good quality down bag rated for zero. Wear a knit cap for your head and you could also use a fleece blanket inside your bag if you need the extra warmth

• Like 1

Another vote for that -35 elk hunter, I like to sleep out in the open if the sky looks clear. Up on Lemmon a few years ago woke up in the middle of the night to pee and found 2" of snow that had silently come in, didn't even notice it in that bag with just a blue tarp laid over.

wayyy too warm for nice weather camping, wayyyyy to big for backpacking.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Rustic-Ridge-Elk-Hunter-35-degree-Sleeping-Bag/productDetail/Rectangular-Bags/prod9999008370/cat100842

I have to second the already mentioned Wiggy's. Most bags are pretty exaggerated regarding their temp ratings. I have a 0 degree bag from Wiggys and have been in those temps ( or at least single digits) and stayed warm. I also like the fact I can get a long bag from them. If you are over 6 feet you will need one. Before I went and bought my Wiggy's I always stuck out of the top of any bag I ever owned.

I do insist on a good bag anymore. I had too many years of surplus military bags (which I am positive were stuffed with chicken feathers). Wiggy's usually has a sale of some sort pretty often (20% off plus free shipping right now), so while it may seem like a steep price, it is well worth it. They only deal in synthetics which has its plus's and minus's, but I have backpack hunted with mine and manage to get it rolled up pretty small.