Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

crash???

I think everyone just wants a reason to complain. lol.

The deadline is the second tuesday of the month (february, june, and october). I have been neglectful and have put in on the last day, even trying to rush over before they pull the baskets back in the "paper only days" due to work, fundings, or whatever. I for one am thankful of the online system. It allows for a more flexible payment option. And at the same time, no system is flawless, although G&F seems to have more than its fair share. I put in online weeks ago just fine, maybe its the higher quality calendar i purchased in january that tells me when the second tuesdays are going to be.

Put in early, if it doens't work, try again. A deadline is a deadline. Why are you so special that they should change the rules? I've missed out, but thats my own dang ol' fault. If you are going to wait until 6:59:30pm dont complain about how the system is crashing because the rest of the people are trying to ram rod their apps through too.

I got two confirmations that my app went in. The first being that the last page told me it was succussfully submitted. The second confirmation i got was the CC usage alert from my bank for the online purchase. Would an email make it any better?

The other gripe i have is the G&F dept is self sustaining. It is solely funded by tag fees and grants recieved. Of course they are going to charge, and charge more. Its a business. Moreover it is a open business. They have open commission meetings.

And just a fair warning.... the second tuesday of october is less than 18 weeks away, be ready.

• Like 4

This same thing happens in college all the time. So the teachers make a disclaimer saying due by midnight-don't wait till the last minute to avoid computer/network problems. That's all G&F needs to do and then no more extentions.

• Like 4

DEadline is a deadline, stupid for extending this again, if you can't get your crap together and get put in for a hunt , then quit hunting....and whining!!!

• Like 3

Maybe I'm just an @$$ (no argument from several here, and that's fine) but a dead line is a dead line. All these people that wait until the very last minute (my dad usually is one) shouldn't get a second chance. Granted, I'm sure the system could use some beefing up but the online draw has been open for how long? A month now?

When you were in high school (not you Lance, you're so old not even Apple was around) and a paper was due, did the dead ling get extended because you didn't complete it on time? NOPE! You were SOL and the paper was late or not accepted, whether it was your fault, the computers fault, the type writers fault etc. Why is the concept of a deadline to hard to understand?!

Couldn't agree more.

• Like 2

When they say you have from this date to this date, you should have from this date to that date to put in. If the opportunity to put in changes from the original opportunity prescribed than yes it should be extended. There are lots of reasons to be putting in late during the prescribed time given to do so from funds availability to everything else under the sun. Everything will be ok in a couple weeks I promise everyone. Good luck on the draw to everyone also wether late or early in applying.

I don't want to ruin a perfectly good thread by bringing common sense and rational thinking to it but here goes...This is straight from a dept head at G & F and has been a topic of discussion at several commission meetings. The server that handles the application process is NOT at any of the G & F offices nor are they responsible for the volume or lack there of that the system can handle. It is the same system that the majority of city of Phx services use. The dept has NO other option but to use this system as they are a state agency. ( It is not the same system that handles the draw. That is out sourced to a private vender ) . The dept would like nothing more then to have their own system that they and they alone are responsible for but that will never happen according to the dept. They are aware of the issues that plague the system and have extended the application process to allow all applicants to apply. In a perfect world the system would work as it should. But very few things in this world are perfect. Looking at the big picture it makes one wonder what this world has come to when an issue such as the draw can bring out so much hate / anger and distrust....Dave

• Like 3

Game and Fish should not have extended the deadline. If people want to wait until the last minute to apply, that is fine, but drive to the office and drop it off. A disclaimer was on the AZGF web site warning people about potential issues with the web site if they wait until the last day. Seems pretty clear to me - wait and take a chance. So, what are we teaching our kids - wait until the last minute and if it doesn't work out you will get a second chance. Not a great message.

If your printer breaks and you can't print your paper on time - out of luck.

If you try to submit your college application at 12:05 and the deadline was midnight - out of luck.

If you wait to register for Chemistry 151 and the class is full - out of luck.

If you are 10 minutes late for an interview - most likely out of luck.

If you wait to buy tickets to Paul McCartney - out of luck.

If you get to that prime water tank at 7am and someone is already there - out of luck.

But, this what makes America great - freedom to make choices. Just don't gripe about the poor choices you make.

• Like 1

When they say you have from this date to this date, you should have from this date to that date to put in. If the opportunity to put in changes from the original opportunity prescribed than yes it should be extended. There are lots of reasons to be putting in late during the prescribed time given to do so from funds availability to everything else under the sun. Everything will be ok in a couple weeks I promise everyone. Good luck on the draw to everyone also wether late or early in applying.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with the part of your statement that suggests that funding is a primary reason for putting in a late app, especially with the credit card system. Doesn't using a credit card generally give you a month, if not longer, depending on your statement cycle to pay? Seems like a few days within the cycle wouldn't make much difference.

Additionally, we are talking about $13 an app that you know months, heck years, in advance is coming. If you can't figure out how to scrape $13 dollars together with that much advance notice, hunting is probably not the sport for you. I also don't like the argument about getting extra time because the computer system was down. Up until a few years ago paper apps were all we had. Did the paper app system go down, nope! You still had until 7:00 PM to get it done using the functioning paper app system that has worked great for many years.

Lastly, everything will not be all right in a couple of weeks.

A - We will have a crappy system that goes down every draw.

B - There will be even more whining and complaining about the credit card/online system that goes down AGAIN when all the jackwagons wait till the last minute to update their credit card information and get yet another deadline extension.

C - We will have weeks of problems once they actually start charging cards.

D -

<embed src="

&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Sorry, had to throw that in there. Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

how 'bout those D,backs!

common late 23 wt!

prolly no chance in h e l l...... but here is to luck!

James

• Like 1

Happens every year. So what....... Yawn......

If the G&F extending the deadline by a day (or maybe more.....) is the worst thing that happens this week, then I'll consider it a VERY good week to be alive! ;)

Good luck in the draws everyone!

S.

:)

• Like 1

Happens every year. So what....... Yawn......

If the G&F extending the deadline by a day (or maybe more.....) is the worst thing that happens this week, then I'll consider it a VERY good week to be alive! ;)

Good luck in the draws everyone!

S.

:)

well put Stanley that was easy!!!

when have they ever not extended the draw ? answer paper apps

they raise tags / fees etc - especially the processing fee

if we are paying extra for processing one would think they'd by now get a system that works

they posted Monday on their Official site news updates - LAST NOTICE- draw ends tomorrow on the 10 th 7 PM

guys and gals whom wait for the last minute = TOO BAD

they were allways over crowded/crashing when the due date was on a Monday that's why they went to Tuesday - now they still give one more day

gotta get that money !

People you know - if you wait till the last possible minute -for whatever reason- your MISTAKE

next they will be extending the post markings on envelopes - whats the difference

If you snooze you lose

yep we set a dead line but guess what its not actually an official deadline

total B.S.