Sign in to follow this  
Hunter4Life09

hunting rig

Ok I'm kinda stuck in a situation so I'm going to ask what everyone else's opinion is.....what's the perfect hunting rig....A polaris ranger or a jeep cherokee or is there something better?

Depends what you wanna do? If your the only one hunting or just one partner I would say ranger. If your taking family to camp/hunt or have a couple buddies going with you I say Cherokee. Plus you won't have to tow the jeep just load it up. I have a ford ranger as my hunting rig. And a honda accord for my daily driver

Get you a jeep you can get out of the weather carry all your friends and gear. Put you some right lock lockers in the rear axle and you will be able to go 10 times more places than a quad. We own 3 quads and I have not rode one in multiple years. Bought my jeep for 600 and put in a rebuilt engine for 1200 so for 1800 I have a great jeep. I have had it since 2002 and have put 130.000 miles and plan to put 500.000 more I have 3 jeeps that I bought for parts.

Remember that the Cherokee has a unibody frame like a car. I had one with a 8 inch lift, recommend to stay away.

I have a 2000 jeep wrangler I have been thinking of selling. I hate the idea of selling it because its an Awesome little rig, just getting too small for me and the family.

Guest akaspecials

It matters. How many people do you normally hunt with? Do any of them (or you) expect to have creature comforts like A/C or heat? How long are you normally out for? How tough of trails do you hunt? Do you putt along slowly or race from point to point like a bat out of heck?

I know guys that kill deer that drive compact cars... The perfect rig is different for every person.

You can get out of the weather in a Jeep and turn on the AC or heater. My wrangler can get me any where I need and boot leather can get me into the hunting area.

Subaru :lol: