MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

2015 Check In - Jan 2nd - Time to get going...

I took the month of December off from the eating clean regimen and just enjoyed all of the foods the holiday gatherings presented. Mexican food, beef roasts, starchy carbs, buttered vegetables, smoked pork, cheesecake, craft beers and all the rest. The only thing I really watched was the quantity. Fantastic month with friends & family, but my clothes feel a bit tighter - not too bad (I didn't go up a size) but not exactly good either. December workout schedule was hampered a bit too with a screwed-up schedule.

The holidays are officially gone and it's time to get back on the wagon. Time for a quick-change turnaround from the holiday excess and work hard for more long-term progress. I can say with certainty that I feel better and can workout & hunt harder when my diet is more in the meat & produce area and workouts happen with near-perfect regularity. I worked my tail off over the last year, kept the plan intense/simple, and it's been an absolute night and day difference in the field. I'm ready for more of that.

To the Coues Whitetail folks that made positive changes to your health & fitness in 2014 - kudos. Let's do it again and let's bring a friend along for the ride.

Speaking of bring-a-friend, the guy who told me he was ready to make a 2015 change made an excuse this morning and no-showed - LOL. No worries we'll get him to take the first step tomorrow or the next day and start checking in right here.

• Like 2

Working this weekend so my workouts are done until Monday, Only made one run and one hike for the week. The mules got alot more miles than I did but my eating was pretty good. Splurged with some fish and shrimp tacos for New Years. Like Mark said here we go for 2015. Leaving Monday for a week long backpack in the snow, should drop some flab on this one.

Best of Luck to all this year, lets get ripped for that spartan race we need to plan.

• Like 1

I keep a journal on the bodybuilding.com forums but ill update here everyonce in a while. doubt anyone is very interested lol but ya going to start leaning out today. starting macros at 2100 cals, 150g Protein, 50g Fat 265g Carbs 6 days a week and 1 reefed day per week where ill hit like 400g carbs with only about 25g fat. no cardio at first but might add it in down the road if I have to cut cals below 1900. I log my food on my fitnesspal to keep track of the macros, hopefully be shredded wheat by end of march if I don't binge the whole time.

Why no cardio?

You can't flex cardio lol. But seriously that's why.....I just account for it in my total daily energy expenditure instead.

Working this weekend so my workouts are done until Monday, Only made one run and one hike for the week. The mules got alot more miles than I did but my eating was pretty good. Splurged with some fish and shrimp tacos for New Years. Like Mark said here we go for 2015. Leaving Monday for a week long backpack in the snow, should drop some flab on this one.

Best of Luck to all this year, lets get ripped for that spartan race we need to plan.

You're not going anywhere until I get that bow.

Yeah got way out of shape this hectic holiday season. Put on more wight then i care to share. Going to start my old routine again today.

not hitting my macros very good but staying under my calorie goals. sample of my day

meal 1: bagel and cream cheese

meal 2: chicken pita from georges with a salad no dressing

meal 3: venison summer sausage and a snack stick

meal 4: protein cake: 1 serving chocolate cake mix, 1 serving chocolate whey, 1 serving pancake mix.

macros: 83f 171c 166p = 2095 calories

Hopped back in the new year with a 2015 hit-it-hard week one and promptly injured my lower back - crap! - doing a weighted vest uphill climb and sandbag situps.

Whatever. Temp setback. I'll figure out a workaround.

Now that I've lived life before & after lung conditioning I have become a cardio-aholic and need my fix. I will find a way to keep going.

• Like 1

I slacked off during the holidays. Back running now, etc. of course hiking with the bow when possible since I have a deer and Javi tag in my pack. Out in Bakersfield working now for a few weeks, so hoping to get some running in without getting stabbed. I'll have to figure out some safe areas. When I get a few extra days I'm meeting my buddy on the coast for a wild pig hunt with the handguns. It's wicked steep terrain so im sure that will be an eye opener and motivator.

basically one week cutting done, down a few lbs. all water im sure, body composition looking better already though. I made green chili chicken in my crockpot and ate on that all week which helped me keep my calories in check.

lost a lot of motivation yesterday, I tore up my shoulder pulling my bow back some how. worst part about it is I missed the biggest typical desert muley that would get killed in AZ this year I think. anyways fml. cant even lift my arm up at the moment.

The holidays set me back. Finally got back to weigh on Thursday. Only down 1.2 pounds in a 2 month period. May be plateauing. That's 51 down officially, with about 25 more to go until the chart says I'm not overweight. Just in a holding pattern for now. Too cold outside to run, and stuck at work for the next 7 days with no way to do anything exercise-wise except lift. With flu season here, not even sure if I'll be lifting this week. The baby was sick my whole time home and now I have a fever and cough. I guess it's a better thing to be slack and sick this time of year than in September.

if you plateau there is only 2 options, increase activity or decrease calories.

only lifted legs 1 day last week and that's it. shoulder still all messed up. going to hit legs again tonight, hopefully shoulder is better soon. haven't been eating enough and hunting a lot burning lots of cals. lost about 3lbs last week.

December was rough on the weight loss....managed to lose two pounds but took the whole month to do it, which is less than half the rate I was losing weight at prior to the holidays. But we enjoyed several parties with friends and family. I made a killer poppyseed cake for my family for Christmas. It's a old family recipe and it's basically poppyseed cake covered in rich creamy custard with pecans and fresh whipped cream. Oh man....it's my favorite! It's even great for breakfast!

Ate lots of toritillas, cheese, rellenos, shrimp stuffed fried chiles and such on our hunt in Mexico last week. that didn't help with the weight loss either! But wow, was it good food! Enjoyed that alot. So now it's back to the grind stone so I can keep shedding some more weight.

Sorry to hear about all the injuries. Hope you heal up soon!

post-1-0-43503200-1421714836_thumb.jpg

• Like 3