MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

Hiked Rim to Rim Saturday. Managed to ride my bike this AM but that’s all I could muster.

Walking is hard.

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

going to the gym rn to do back. probably gonna try and lose weight this week so i look good in my kill pics if i shoot anything on my hunt...

Make sure your body isn't the only one in your kill pic

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I’m hitting frank Zane poses in the back ground if I get one 

Lol that takes me back...

In my high school days, me and a fellow wannabe Mr Olympian trained at the studio owned by Carlos Rodriguez.

After making some moderate gains I was wearing a tight polo shirt to show off the physicue going to his gym. Carlos was walking by in loose fitting street garb and he stopped and asked me if my shirt was uncomfortable. Lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Hiked Rim to Rim Saturday. Managed to ride my bike this AM but that’s all I could muster.

Walking is hard.

I think Mike is doing that hike today.

1 hour ago, Edge said:

I think Mike is doing that hike today.

Yeah he sent me a text last night. I am sure he will go much faster than I did

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

I wasn't invited, guess they didn't need a rusty ol anchor along.  😪

Took the kids down the big ditch, funny coincidence Flatlander posts up he just got done rim to rim the same day we went to do ours. This is my 5th trip to the bottom and out and 3 times rim to rim with one rim to rim to rim. Never gets old or easier. Amazing place   Rafted from Lee’s to mead years back. Already planning trip 6. 

6A3AEF84-9D65-4072-BD84-A9F2890CF5D6.jpeg

DE9739B5-56AD-4AFB-9564-C22BBCB3AC1D.jpeg

78D3372E-5131-438D-B891-C3D5A77D74D0.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/25/2021 at 12:47 PM, Flatlander said:

Haha I wish, I’ve hiked with you. You can burn someone into the ground without noticing. It’s such a cool hike and really changes your mental set every time. 

Hiked to to the bottom when I was 12 with a youth group. Back when shotgun news and soldier of fortune magazine were the coolest thing to spend time looking at. Those were the days. Swapmeet backpack made for a 6 foot tall man. Army surplus canteens and 20 dollar payless shoes steel shank carpenter boots I thought were combat boots. Also hiked the hermit trail with pretty much the same gear and ended up hiking hours in the dark by the end of the trip. To be young again.

31 minutes ago, Explorer said:

Hiked to to the bottom when I was 12 with a youth group. Back when shotgun news and soldier of fortune magazine were the coolest thing to spend time looking at. Those were the days. Swapmeet backpack made for a 6 foot tall man. Army surplus canteens and 20 dollar payless shoes steel shank carpenter boots I thought were combat boots. Also hiked the hermit trail with pretty much the same gear and ended up hiking hours in the dark by the end of the trip. To be young again.

Hermit Cabin would be a sweet place to go find.

This month has been hard, wife’s birthday, our anniversary, and 6 month anniversary of her passing was yesterday. I’m getting stronger and more leathery with every passing milestone. Today I decided it’s time to get back to meal prep. I started it last spring and dropped 50lbs by last years elk hunt. Currently I’ve gained that back and then some. Not easy being forced into the single life! Fast food is food and easy when you throw yourself into work to forget. Anyways, today I made lunch for the week... breakfast is oatmeal with dehydrated cranberries, cherries, and blueberries. Topped with cinnamon. Lunch is Frank’s red hot marinated chicken breast with broccoli and sweet potato. Haven’t been eating supper for awhile but I’ll figure that out.

F2FC5916-189F-4903-A6FE-873C53479BF8.jpeg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

This month has been hard, wife’s birthday, our anniversary, and 6 month anniversary of her passing was yesterday. I’m getting stronger and more leathery with every passing milestone. Today I decided it’s time to get back to meal prep. I started it last spring and dropped 50lbs by last years elk hunt. Currently I’ve gained that back and then some. Not easy being forced into the single life! Fast food is food and easy when you throw yourself into work to forget. Anyways, today I made lunch for the week... breakfast is oatmeal with dehydrated cranberries, cherries, and blueberries. Topped with cinnamon. Lunch is Frank’s red hot marinated chicken breast with broccoli and sweet potato. Haven’t been eating supper for awhile but I’ll figure that out.

F2FC5916-189F-4903-A6FE-873C53479BF8.jpeg

Looks good Hoss, keep at it.👍