stanley

Lost my hero this week!

Three weeks ago we lost our dear mother to a sudden heart attack while my 90 year old father was in surgery for a broken hip. After the surgery, my father had a tough time with the recovery and two days ago he finally surrendered and has joined my mother.

He was a war hero, husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather, hunter, scholar, gentleman, and my HERO! He and my mom were married for 64 years, and I'm honored and lucky to be a part of their amazing life legacy! Kudos to you dad, for fighting the good fight all through life!

This post is absolutely NOT about sympathy, but a way for me to honor and celebrate my father's great life! He'll be with me this fall......

Peace everyone! :)

S.

:)

Taking a drag off of a cigarette prior to climbing into his B-17 for a combat mission over Europe in WWII. He flew 33 missions, including over the Normandy coast on D-day! 20 year old 2nd Lt. - Navigator.

dadandB17_zpse4b0fddf.jpg

He and I on a two week trip to Alaska almost 20 years ago. (NO, we did not kill that bear.) We were guests at a hunting lodge on the Alaska Penninsula that a friend of ours had access to. We fished and saw sites and were able to see some of the bears that the guides/skinners brought in.

DadStan_BigBear_zps6f0fffe3.jpg

• Like 13

Guest wdenike

Sorry for your loss. But as you say you have found peace knowing he is with your mom. And they will always be with ya in spirit. And yes that whole era were heroes to us all.

Take care, Willie

Truly sorry for your loss. Nice tribute to your Father.

America has lost a great son and patriot.

I believe your Dad raised his son right. Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you have lots of good memories of both of them.

Sorry for your loss. Looks like he did a great job for his country and his family. Cherish the memories and know they are both together in a better place.

Sorry for your loss Stan. What an amazing legacy and example of service to our Country. Kudos to you Stan, for carrying on the tradition by mentoring so many youth.

John