KaibabHunter

6a Jr Cow

My oldest filled his tag this morning at 8:45. My boys somewhat willingly got up at 5:00 am and we hit the trees at first light. Finally got a bugle to chase and ended up right in the middle of the herd starting to bed all around us. Took 15 minutes before a nice cow gave him an 87 yard shot. Double lungs and 20 yards an he had his second cow as a jr. We were separated and pinned down by about 10 yards and I thought I was videoing the cow he was going to shoot but turned out to be a different one. My 8 year old was with us and couldn't stop telling Chase what a good job he did killing that elk. Really glad we got it done with only 2.5 days to hunt.

image-20.jpg

• Like 12

Yes!! AWESOME!! Good on you for getting your boys out there! Great pic of those two boys with the elk! Isn't it amazing to hunt with your kids? Love it!

We were up in 6A also and had a great hunt!

S.

:)

Thanks for the comments. I was glad that we got one by chasing bugles and stalking in - a more exciting hunting experience for them (last one we sat a tank) but more complaining of sore feet...

Ryan

Congratulations on a great hunt!!!

Congrats on a successful hunt! Nothing better than watching your kids experience success!!