Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

ASU

One thing about it, when who of a boycotts somethin', they stick with it. What is this about 30 years of boycottin' the rose bowl? Lark.

• Like 1

lmao. what you guys gonna do if UofA wins? hey, theres always hockey right =)

Me, I guess I'd have to hear the UofA faithful gloat for a whole year. Thankfully, I probably won't have to as the Cats will find a way to lose another big game. It's practically over already.

Probably. The Sundevils seem to be the Wildcats nemesis.

Dick Tomey was the ASU's nemesis. His teams owned the Devils. Couldn't believe UA let him go. Tucson is a fickle place.

They've both been bad a long time and usually were good games.asu is a little better this year but I bet it'll be a tight one...its cool that both programs are finally respectable at the same time and that the games going to have high stakes on top of being a great rivalry.....and if the cats lose,basketball is right around the corner and we all know that 30 years of domination will continue.

We can throw the records out when it comes to this game. Its almost a certainty that something funky always happens. A bizarre play or controversial call that will turn the game.

As an ASU fan, I'm still haunted by Chuck Cecil's interception of Jeff Van Raaphorst in the 1986 game. Seeing him intercept it in the end zone and run 100 yards the other way for a TD......ugh! Still makes me sick. lol.

As an Arizona native, before the Cardinals, D-backs and Coyotes, this game was THE GAME of the year. Growing up in Northern Arizona, my bother and cousins would gather around the radio and listen to Tom Dillion calling the game. During the 70's and early 80's, we only had a few channels on the TV, so the radio was our way of enjoying this rivalry. Great memories. Ahhhhhhh....the good ol' days! :)

Go ASU!!!!!!!

• Like 4

I believe that the north Nogales community college fans are already cuddling their basketballs and hoping the butt whooping is a quick one. At least you guys still have the trophy from the El Pato bowl after you beat Oregon. LOL. Almost forgot about that war cry. But we beat Oregon. Boooo Hoooo!

They've both been bad a long time and usually were good games.asu is a little better this year but I bet it'll be a tight one...its cool that both programs are finally respectable at the same time and that the games going to have high stakes on top of being a great rivalry.....and if the cats lose,basketball is right around the corner and we all know that 30 years of domination will continue.

Didn't we split the two games last year? I seem to remember something about an unranked team beating a #2 ranked team. Does anyone else remember that?
  • Like 1

Haha I've never known a fan base to hold onto the 'glory' of FINALLY beating Arizona in a meaningless regular season game like asu fans...I guess if it only happens a few times a decade,it probably is glorious to a lowly pathetic basketball program like asu.congrats on that win.arizona will only ever lose to an unranked asu team because theyre never ranked.I'll take the last 30 years over one win.... Good luck in your season and its sky high aspirations of making the NIT!

I'm just razzin ya,good ole cats vs devils trash talk.rivalry wouldn't be as fun without it!

• Like 1

I believe that the north Nogales community college fans are already cuddling their basketballs and hoping the butt whooping is a quick one. At least you guys still have the trophy from the El Pato bowl after you beat Oregon. LOL. Almost forgot about that war cry. But we beat Oregon. Boooo Hoooo!

butt whooping? like the 62-27 thumping you all got from ucla? lmao.

• Like 1

Yes our one and only loss. 8-1 is it now? Top of the south again?!?! Yeah something North Nogales will never understand. Lmao! GO DEVILS!!!!!!! Oh and what was the score of last years game when ASU destroyed the wildrats? Or did you guys already forget? :)

Ain't we talkin' about football? Why do the fast food tech fans always try to compare bassetball to football? Girls play bassetball. Commies play bassetball. Lark.

• Like 1