daverp

Late Rifle Bull Hunters...Almost Time. Check in!

Late 9 tag. Already have an 384 bull on the wall. Just looking for a decent bull and have a great time with my family in the woods.

• Like 1

7e bull for my son he s 14 goin for his first one !!

• Like 1

I don't have a tag, might be looking to tag along as a spotter/packer in the 22/23 area.

• Like 1

Helping my brother, best friend and my cousin up in 7e. Mean while my dad and my three uncles will be in 6b. I just wanna smell like elk.

• Like 2

My friend and i both have 5B tags, first elk tags for both of us. Wont be setting the bar very high on our first elk hunts. Probably not going to pass on anything first day. Just happy to be out of the house, and try to fill the freezer.

Two friends and I have 5B. That makes at least 5 forum members with this tag. I'm headed up this Friday, and what I find the week before opening day will determine what I'll settle for opening day. I've tagged 3 cows in the last 6 years, but never anything with horns on its head. I'd really like a nice bull, but depending on how my scouting goes, may settle for a spike. I am just so pumped to be headed up the mountain.

My wife and oldest have late 27. They are the last hope this year since my early archery tag went unfilled.

I will be helping my daughter in 21 only 25 tags should be fun and a rough pack out if successful.

I had that tag last year in 3 days of hunting I only saw 1 other hunter saw a lot of elk saw a lot of 300 class bulls took a 320 bull in 2006 I took a 380 bull on the early muzzle loader hunt good luck

My son and I have the December hunt in unit 22N and can't wait. We are pretty familiar with the unit, which is a good thing because our pre-season scouting is very limited. I had an open day about 2 weeks ago and headed up to our usual area and ended up glassing this 6x6 at 400 yards. Plan on two more days of scouting to see what else may be roaming around.

Good luck to all, and let's hope for snow!post-3690-0-26009300-1416162546_thumb.jpg

I will be in 22s with a couple friends who have tags It should be fun. I find this hunt to be 1 of my favorite hunts every year. I don't do the rifle thing to often but thank god these guys do it's a fun hunt with good people.

My wife has a dec. 22 north tag there is nothing better than making memories with the family doing something we all enjoy the worst day hunting is better than the best day at work. Good luck to all for the youngsters cherish the time with family and pass what you learn on to keep the sport alive.

• Like 2