Sign in to follow this  
BigGameHunter

Rutting

Was out for a few days in 21. Saw one good 4x4 pushing 14 does. Tried to get in on them when they were bedded. By the time I got to where they were they were up and feeding. Never could catch up with them. Anyways, he wasn't chasing then or anything. He would sniff their behinds a bit, but that is it. We saw 46 deer in 2 days. Most were does that we know of. Don't have a spotting scope. Think the rut is right around the corner.

• Like 1

Were we will be hunting in the morning the big bucks are hard on the does 2 days ago I watched a buck cover 3 different does

I'm heading down south this weekend after this storm passes. Should only be 46 for the highs on a sunny day. Hopefully it should be in full swing where I'm at

Got out a couple times last week and every group of does we saw except one had bucks. The little guys seemed to be a little more rutted up where as the big boys were just hanging out. Pretty sure it is going to happen very very verysoon if it hasn't started... I hope this storm moving through today into tonight and the cold temps tomorrow will have them focused enough on love long enough for me to let the air out of one!!!

Ruts on in most higher elevation units for sure the lower units or lower country of units is just stating imo

I went out around Tucson for a couple hours this morning as saw 20+ does without a buck to be found. I hope for my own sake that the rut is just getting started in the desert.

Saw 7 bucks yesterday in a unit I have only seen a handful of deer in over the last few years. The cold had them up and moving/rutting. Got to within 40yds of this guy but was carrying my recurve for pigs.post-10848-0-32727600-1420226046_thumb.jpg

• Like 4