Coues 'n' Sheep

Bye Bye Dish Network!!

I got my Sirus radio contract reduced by 50% for the next 6 months the other day... Those call center folks sure have a line of BS but you can wear them down if you have 30-45 minutes to dig through all Crap... hahaha

I'm ready to cancel Directv. My monthly bill is ridiculous. I really only watch maybe 10 channels. I sure wish these companies would let us purchase our TV packages "ala carte" and let us choose what channels to purchase. It's frustrating to pay for 120+ channels, yet only watch a handful of them.

Another frustrating practice with Directv is not taking care of their loyal customers. New customers get all the free channels, best package pricing, free NFL Ticket, yet current customers get the shaft with no price breaks. Pisses me off every time I see the commercials offering all these great deals for new customers.

Unfortunately , they're all the same. I'm seriously thinking of going off the grid for TV and throw up an antenna and get the 10-15 free over the air channels available here in Phoenix.

• Like 2

I'm ready to cancel Directv. My monthly bill is ridiculous. I really only watch maybe 10 channels. I sure wish these companies would let us purchase our TV packages "ala carte" and let us choose what channels to purchase. It's frustrating to pay for 120+ channels, yet only watch a handful of them.

Another frustrating practice with Directv is not taking care of their loyal customers. New customers get all the free channels, best package pricing, free NFL Ticket, yet current customers get the shaft with no price breaks. Pisses me off every time I see the commercials offering all these great deals for new customers.

Unfortunately , they're all the same. I'm seriously thinking of going off the grid for TV and throw up an antenna and get the 10-15 free over the air channels available here in Phoenix.

Amen.

Before the advent of the forced crapola 2 year contract, my buddy would sign up for the specials, then cancel after he got what he wanted. He would hammer the sales reps on the phone for half an hour to get free services, or he would cancel. This dude was such a chiseler, it was epic. They couldn't slip one penny past this guy.

Don't you love how they sell you on "250 Channels" and 230 of them are the shopping channel.

• Like 2

Working on my third year of no cable and I have no plans on having cable again. I'm not much of a sports guy tho and reality TV got old. If I want to watch something I'll spend a dollar at the red box and get my news from talk radio.

• Like 3

I have Dish and me wife is out of her mind without Fox in the mornings. Had Cox in the past and Dish has the best equipment with the Joey system (Slingbox) and I only really watch recorded shows or sports.

I am really considering slowly unplugging now that I have Roku, Google Chrome, and Apple TV. Heck the kids live on Netflix and Amazon so they don't even need the cable. I just gotta get the wife unhooked.

All of the cable guys are priced really high considering 80% of the channels are a complete waste and the good ones all cost extra. Their world is going to change pretty fast over the next 5 years IMHO.

Ive had direc tv for 8 years and they have been nothing but legit to me. I have an old plan that i havent touched but have always managed to get free upgrades. Just gotta be dilligent to cancel some of the free mocie channels when the time is up. Heck I just added the outdoor channel by itself without having to change into a new plan. I thought that was pretty slick.

Dish is garbage. My dad just went to it 3 months ago and he is an avid fox news viewer. Hes locked into a contract now... Sometimes its worth a little more for money for less headache...

just curious, But what do you all watch on TV. We have one but only watch dvd's that our kids have made for us. we had our TV disconnected about 4 years ago. Is there anything worth watching?

Well hammering on the CS folks at Direct got me nowhere. Sent me to cancellation department who told me I'd get nailed for another $250 for cancelling. If I coulda reached through the phone somebody woulda been in trouble.

Auto renewal on promos should be illegal. I've already written my State Representative....for whatever good that will do...which is none at all.

I have Direct TV, and have never had a big problem with them. I know and understand what I signed-up for and I accept that......

That being said, I think it's pretty obvious that it's only a matter of time before satellite and 'cable' TV is obsolite, just like broadcast TV before it. Like the previous poster mentioned, with Amazon, Hulu, Netflix (I binge watched House of Cards while sick over Christmas..... Awesome! lol), and ALL of the other content streaming sites on the internet, along with the advancement of 'internet ready' TVs, there really isn't a need for the traditional satellite content providers anymore. The vast majoriity of content available on the TV is available on-line for low or no fees.

S.

:)