SwampMafia

Draw conspiracy theories

It's not truely random. Depending on the algorithm used and the numbers generated. Also wonder if they use the pseudo random function to generate the seed number and if so how many times. If they only strip your application number (say based in numeric value incremental as they get them in) and no personal indetifiable number then it's pretty random to me

My wife has not been drawn for 5 years for deer or elk....her last tag?? Rifle Bull.

My daughter has not been drawn for anything after completing her hunters education class.

My uncle has drawn elk (cow and bull equally) tags 6 tags in 8 years.

I have not drawn and deer tag in 2 and elk in 3-4 years.

There is no rhyme or reason. I just really hope we draw SOMETHING this year.....PLEASE!

Perhaps not caring is the trick. ..

some friends of the family regularly draw elk, mostly bull, tags and "hunt most of the time" meaning they might head out for a quick afternoon hunt a day or two literally a two HUNDRED YARD WALK TO AND FROM CAMP! They never get anything but theven tag is wasted so to speak.

I was told by azgfd years back that the random numbers are not numbers such as 1 to a 1,000,000,000. They are actually the number of digits, 10, 11, or 12. Most of the premier hunts are in the 10 digit category. Even with 20 BP you may have 12 digits in all your attempts for a tag.

All luck of the draw. Know an individual that hunted units 10-27 and 1 all early bull hunts consecutive archery at that. Go figure.

Part of me thinks its straight up random and part of me thinks there is some sort of something behind it.....I just wish I knew the honest truth.

Every once in a while you will run across someone that has drawn some great tags a few years in a row or with almost no bonus points. I actually know someone here on the site that has drawn 3 late Kaibab rifle hunts in a row. But most of the time when people keep drawing tags and talk about it is because they are putting in for hunts that have really high draw odds. Not very difficult to do.

Prior to the computer being involved I actually thought item #1 was a legitimate issue. I would purposely put in the last few days to hopefully take advantage of "centrifugal force" when we were still on the "paper barrel system". It seemed to be a successful strategy as I was drawn for bull tags 9 out of 11 years. Since the computer has been utilized my draw success has been less than average. An interesting sidebar when I was getting all those elk tags I was not drawn for deer on 9 years straight (when no one seemingly was denied). Obviously I didn't complain when the elk tags continued to roll in!! No rhyme or reason to the draw IMHO.

• Like 1

Here's one. I've been blacklisted by all states drawings and will never draw s decent tag again because I won the commissioners tag a few years back.😞

Im thinking I just plain used up all my luck.

• Like 2

I've known two people who drew back to back premium unit bull tags (archery). Both were successful their first year and turned in their surveys.

Totally thought it was odd, but the draw is all about odds and I don't think it can be figured out. I think some people just have more luck than others.

• Like 2

It is very easy to get drawn. Just put in for a unit that everybody and their brother does not. There are elk in every unit. Pick an unpopular unit, go hunt every year to learn it very well. Put in for that unit with everyone that you know on separate apps. Go together. You don't have to be the shooter to have fun. I go elk hunting every year, tag or not. The last week in September is magic in the woods.

• Like 3

Here's one. I've been blacklisted by all states drawings and will never draw s decent tag again because I won the commissioners tag a few years back.

Im thinking I just plain used up all my luck.

what tag was that? story time?