Sign in to follow this  
second shot

Daughters first finds

My daughter has been hiking with me since she was about 3 and I've been trying to put her in an area to find her first antler ever since. The hikes are usually short as is her attention span but she loves to get out and find stuff. She's found all kinds of bones (snakes, skunks, cows, doe, etc) but no antlers or bucks until yesterday. She found the dead buck first and was shaking like a leaf with excitement. It was pretty cool to see. The antler she found second. She pointed to an area she thought would be good to check and low and behold the antler was right there. It was a great day to say the least.

post-688-0-26075800-1421780177.jpg

post-688-0-07028800-1421780191.jpg

• Like 10

Very cool! I remember when my son found his first shed. Great memories.....

That is very sweet! Awesome memories and headed towards a lot more!

This has got to be the best post I've read all day. Thanks for sharing the memory you made with your beautiful daughter yesterday. How awesome is that! There's no doubt she is hooked on finding bone and no doubt you are hooked on taking her from this point on. It doesn't get any better than this. You are definitely a blessed man my friend.

You certainly have your hands full in the near future. :lol: She's a beauty. Let's hope he's a hunter. :)

TJ

• Like 2

Uh oh...... Your in trouble now, especially since she found that little spike shed. Might wanna keep her outta elk country or you might not have the pack or backbone to carry everything out. Keep us posted on your future adventures.

• Like 1

Thank you for all of your replies! I'm a blessed dad, she's a wonderful daughter and hiking partner and I look forward to posting many more of her treasures in the future.