Flatlander

I'm in . . .

Put in last week 8 early archery & 8 late archery.

My dad 8 late rifle & 8 late archery. Now the fun wait

begins!!!

I have a feeling we are going to see a significant reduction in draw success for the late archery hunts this year.

why is that?

Because more people are finding out how easy it is to tag a late archery bull! I am now 0 for 3 on that late archery tag, so just two or three more years and I will be due for some meat based on the low statistical success rates for those hunts.

• Like 1

The applicant pool for those hunts has grown steadily since they were introduced a few years ago. Some of the hunts are easier than others, but for locals with time, they can be a great opportunity. I wouldn't mind doing one, but when I do it will be one with 25 tags not 400 and it won't be in canyon country.

Anyway, this time of year is tough, waiting on draw results, tax return and my annual bonus all to come through about the same time. If I draw a tag it will be tough to hang on to any of that $.

Keep posting guys, this is the time of year whens dreams are alive . . .

• Like 3

Nice! I did 6A late rifle bull 1st choice followed by 5bn early archery bull 2nd choice! Think I am just gonna purchase a bonus point for antelope as well.

21 early archery, 8 late archery, then put in some cow hunts for 3, 4 and 5. If I get one of those Ill sign it over to my daughter if she doesnt get drawn.

Unit 1 early archery, Unit 8 early archery.

Yes late archery went from 100% draw for a few years in a row to 35-70% draw depending on the unit.

The success rate hasn't changed much, I think guys are sick of NOT elk hunting, hence more applicants for the tougher hunts.

• Like 3

The success rate hasn't changed much, I think guys are sick of NOT elk hunting, hence more applicants for the tougher hunts.

Harvest success hasn't changed you're right. But I was talking draw success to be reduced based significantly on the point you stated.

I'm in for rifle 8 bull and antlerless, rifle 5b bull and antlerles. My first time going after elk. Can't wait...

6a rut archery bull elk, I know shocking right, 5b and 10 for speed goats.