azhamill

My 2015 archery coues takin at 110yrds

Sorry boys, I can't let this crap slide. You can justify it any way you want. Long range and bowhunting don't mix. I will comment. You can put me on YOUR ignore list. Nice buck BTW.

What is long range for a bow? 100 yards with a rifle is short range and can shoot 1\4 inch groups, so why can't a guy shooting 4" groups at that range with a bow, shoot at that range?

I wasn't questioning your abilities or set up, I was simply curious what lead to the shot from that distance. I myself practice to 135/140 just so I am comfortable at 80/90/100 in the perfect situation. I am curious with your arrow set up how much penetration you got. Most people focus on speed and ke and loose track of momentum which is what leads to better penetration at distance.

Congrats man! Great shot!

I wasn't questioning your abilities or set up, I was simply curious what lead to the shot from that distance. I myself practice to 135/140 just so I am comfortable at 80/90/100 in the perfect situation. I am curious with your arrow set up how much penetration you got. Most people focus on speed and ke and loose track of momentum which is what leads to better penetration at distance.

It was a through and through shot made a perfect hole all the way through as if it was Corked

That is awesome, congratulations. Incredible shot and great buck. I'm sure we all look forward to an excellent write up giving details of this fantastic experience.

I'll open some worms I also killed him with a arrow and Broadhead total weight of 326 grains and broadheads from China. Oh also i'm shooting through the chronograph at 320fps which people say you can't do. There is always people that say this and that. oh! And now I guess I'm bringing no I'm out all the time studying, scouting, shooting,hunting, giving back to the animals we hunt every year by giving my time to foundation and fundraisers kid camps and so on. So please do me the favor of ignore this post.

Now you're just showing your age (or lack thereof) and immaturity level. Fact is most anyone can shoot that far just most people are smart enough not to. Have fun with your future wounded animals.

• Like 3

Don't worry about all the negative Nancies. I'm personally sick of people saying negative comments on what should be a very positive post. I personally see nothing wrong with long range if you know what you are doing. It's obvious you know what you're doing!

Congrats on a stud Buck! You da man....

• Like 6

Don't worry about all the negative Nancies. I'm personally sick of people saying negative comments on what should be a very positive post. I personally see nothing wrong with long range if you know what you are doing. It's obvious you know what you're doing!

Congrats on a stud Buck! You da man....

Well said

Those who think he is wrong have the same right to post as those who think he is right. People need to just say it how it is and the whole "dont say anything if you have nothing nice to say" is bull crap.

• Like 2

I'll bet all the guys who don't like the negative played that t ball where they don't keep score and everyone gets to bat. Lol nice bunch if first posts, can't wait for some more. Congrats

• Like 1

I'll open some worms I also killed him with a arrow and Broadhead total weight of 326 grains and broadheads from China. Oh also i'm shooting through the chronograph at 320fps which people say you can't do. There is always people that say this and that. oh! And now I guess I'm bringing no I'm out all the time studying, scouting, shooting,hunting, giving back to the animals we hunt every year by giving my time to foundation and fundraisers kid camps and so on. So please do me the favor of ignore this post.

Now you're just showing your age (or lack thereof) and immaturity level. Fact is most anyone can shoot that far just most people are smart enough not to. Have fun with your future wounded animals.

Thanks for your opinion, but who says it's wrong or right to shoot at 100yrds vs 10yrds. I've seen people miss and wounded deer within 10 to up to 100. It's goes the same with a rifle big cal small cal, 100yrd miss and 1000yrd kills. 55gr bullets 240gr bullets over kill under kill. This can go on and on and I can respect where you come from but people don't have to be so negative. Technology has come a Long ways where your going to see this more often than not. Thanks!
  • Like 2

He shot a great buck from what some may say is a questionable range. They have posted their comments and said what's on their mind. As far as that goes here's my take on it.

That's what a forum is about. Peoples opinions. If some think the shot was to far, that's their opinion. If others think it was great, that's their opinion. I myself wouldn't even dream of a shot like that. One thing I will ask is if you do take a shot like that and lose a wounded animal please be man enough to post that as well. Then you will be roasted forever. Don't see that happening tho. JMO <_<

• Like 1