hoghntr

??? for you / ALMOST DOVE TIME! yeee ha

We tried a new spot and had another epic afternoon. I got my limit in 35 minutes with my 28 gauge Beretta. At one point I hit 6 in a row. Birds everywhere! I got 10 Eurasians after getting my limit. My brother in law had a tough time tonight. He got 12 & 3 Eurasians.

post-1205-0-27736600-1441244155_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

We tried a new spot and had another epic afternoon. I got my limit in 35 minutes with my 28 gauge Beretta. At one point I hit 6 in a row. Birds everywhere! I got 10 Eurasians after getting my limit. My brother in law had a tough time tonight. He got 12 & 3 Eurasians.

That gun laying in dirt is like fingernails on chalk board my friend! 😩

• Like 6

That gun laying in dirt is like fingernails on chalk board my friend! 😩
got checked by border patrol once on a pond off I-10. They snuck up like I was a criminal! "Sir put your gun on the ground!!!" I said "no, it's a nice shotgun, I'm gonna lean it on this tree" they were mad but respectful. Just looking for some wets that had been reported there recently before I showed up. Never put my shot gun on the dirt lol.
  • Like 5

Pfffttttt, its just another tool. Buy a 40k 4x4....put some AZ pin striping on it. Not sayin you gotta jump the grand canyon, but if you don't use it....might as well not buy it. It's called adding character silly.

• Like 3

That gun laying in dirt is like fingernails on chalk board my friend!
got checked by border patrol once on a pond off I-10. They snuck up like I was a criminal! "Sir put your gun on the ground!!!" I said "no, it's a nice shotgun, I'm gonna lean it on this tree" they were mad but respectful. Just looking for some wets that had been reported there recently before I showed up. Never put my shot gun on the dirt lol.

Yeah I couldn't put my Silver Pigeon on the ground like that

Pfffttttt, its just another tool. Buy a 40k 4x4....put some AZ pin striping on it. Not sayin you gotta jump the grand canyon, but if you don't use it....might as well not buy it. It's called adding character silly.

Ya ya but A wise man once said use a hammer for a hammer and your boot for a boot.. Ok well that was me when I managed red wing boot stores. 😋

In this case Adam needs a portable gun rack or something cuz if I was with him I may have had anxiety attack 😁

Good abootin bud!

• Like 1

I'm going to take a pic just for you Mike next time I'm out:)

It's nice to see a thread where we all can joke and get along for a change!

• Like 3

I'm going to take a pic just for you Mike next time I'm out:)

It's nice to see a thread where we all can joke and get along for a change!

:) I will be anticipating the pic.

Mike would have a heart attack if he saw what my shotgun goes through on a day of predator hunting. Lol.

Brian

• Like 1

way west and east even south Phoenix will always have better dove hunting

mainly because we have no fields or rural areas left - north of Phoenix - and with the new annexations and g&f boundaries there is no place to go but the far desert

its mostly hunt the "abundant " dry waterholes or if lucky find a flyway

love to see a tailgate full of doves - haven't been able to do that in a few yrs. without driving close to a 100 miles roundtrip

season just started - good luck all - keep posting great stories + photos