Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

Fugitives.

Wow, I must not watch enough tv...

Now that they've found a cabin they stayed in recently, I'm sure with bloodhounds it's only a matter of time. They're best bet would have been to stay on the move, but if indeed they were only 20 miles from where they escaped as of Day 17, they haven't gotten far. Hiking distance not easy after being cooped up all those years I'm sure, but they'd need to put some miles on the boots undetected.

on the last or before the last hunting fall regs was a picture of the guy that killed his wife and kids, set the house on fire and escape in the tonto national forest, they believe around payson, nobody ever heard anything of him.

That is going to be my next spooky campfire story for the kids!

• Like 1

Didn't they make a movie out of the Tysons story?.............BOB!

A Killer in the Family.

Robert Mitchum played Gary Tyson

What an easy prison break, his sons just smuggled guns into the prison in ice chests on family picnic day.

A Killer in the Family.

Robert Mitchum played Gary Tyson

What an easy prison break, his sons just smuggled guns into the prison in ice chests on family picnic day.

Those guys were savages. Killing that young Marine and his wife and young child. And that couple on their honeymoon.

That was a long time ago but I still remember the intense manhunt.

• Like 2

Them guys running around the woods in NY , they need to get sheriff Joe and his posse up there. He would find them.I could see it now ,Stephen Segal going thru the woods in a tank! Amazing how these guys can stay a step ahead. What was that one in AZ.10-15 years ago where that guy was hiding in cabins north of Payson. Personally I luv it as long as they don't hurt anyone. How about the old Tyson gang in AZ.35-40 years ago or whatever. I find it interesting.........BOB!

Went to school with one of the Tysons. They were a really weird family.

• Like 1

here is a write up on Robert Fisher:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_William_Fisher

He murdered his family, blew the house up, and then fled to the hills. He is still being actively pursued and is on the fbi top 10 list.

And to spread the legend even more... My brother has a sweet spot for Young and unit 23. He would either camp in the pinals by globe or go into the area around young. On one of his treks, he was stopped for gas and talking to locals in town. Apparently talking to the locals he was told that Fisher comes in from one direction and walks out of town another direction and has been seen a few times.

I worked with a guy that moved on to bigger things in life. He now does GIS for AzGFD, and said that the FBI was in to talk to people in his department that were in charge of remote waters fish counts "in case they seen him".

Apparently due to the back injury Fisher has, he has a very distinguished stance and is way out of the ordinary .

• Like 1

Them guys running around the woods in NY , they need to get sheriff Joe and his posse up there. He would find them.I could see it now ,Stephen Segal going thru the woods in a tank! Amazing how these guys can stay a step ahead. What was that one in AZ.10-15 years ago where that guy was hiding in cabins north of Payson. Personally I luv it as long as they don't hurt anyone. How about the old Tyson gang in AZ.35-40 years ago or whatever. I find it interesting.........BOB!

Went to school with one of the Tysons. They were a really weird family.
The two surviving sons initially got the death sentence. I knew one of the death row guards at Florence. Asked him about Ricky Tison, the youngest. Said he was a polite, shy boy that gave them no trouble, then one day he approached his cell and Ricky was wearing a trash bag which is what the inmates did when they wanted to disregard orders and protect themselves from mace.

Later, both brothers sentences was changed to life.

• Like 1

Wow, I must not watch enough tv...

or read the hunting regs... lol!

he had a whole page in last years regs... hahaha fbi 10 most wanted

James

• Like 1

here is a write up on Robert Fisher:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_William_Fisher

He murdered his family, blew the house up, and then fled to the hills. He is still being actively pursued and is on the fbi top 10 list.

And to spread the legend even more... My brother has a sweet spot for Young and unit 23. He would either camp in the pinals by globe or go into the area around young. On one of his treks, he was stopped for gas and talking to locals in town. Apparently talking to the locals he was told that Fisher comes in from one direction and walks out of town another direction and has been seen a few times.

I worked with a guy that moved on to bigger things in life. He now does GIS for AzGFD, and said that the FBI was in to talk to people in his department that were in charge of remote waters fish counts "in case they seen him".

Apparently due to the back injury Fisher has, he has a very distinguished stance and is way out of the ordinary .

Yeah the dude who blew up his family's house with them inside... Guy has been on the run forever

its our joke when we go for unit 23.... "either fill the tag or find 'Robby'".

Hey $100,000 would bank roll a lot of neat trips and gear!

• Like 1