Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

My new glassing platform

I recently bought another Suzuki and decided to build a full rack on top for glassing the flats and to hold extra equipment and dead animals. I put about 150 miles a weekend on dirt roads, so I knew I needed more light. I integrated a 42 inch led lightbar into the rack. The back of the rack has a connection to slide in my winch for loading heavy items onto my rack that slides into the vehicle hitch. It can easily hold two adults. David

post-561-0-97918500-1436662252_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Wow great idea David!!!! Looks like a Bimini top like a boat would give you some shade.

Nice! That's a perfect antelope setup.

Mind if I ask how you attach to the roof?

There was a factory rack on it, so I utilized the existing bolts coming through the roof. I formed some plate to contour the roofline.

I glassed up elk, antelope, deer, and coyotes this sitting in the same position. I will post some more pics after I get the 3 inch lift installed and some of the new Cooper STT pro mud terrains. These Suzuki's make some of the best hunting rigs around. David

Just don't get no big fat girls up there.. Vehicle would end up like a pancake................BOB!

• Like 1

I like it. Can be used for storage on a trip or hunting/camping..........BOB!

No doubt it will give you some advantage but how do you get up there? Do you carry a ladder with you? :huh:

TJ

No doubt it will give you some advantage but how do you get up there? Do you carry a ladder with you? :huh:

TJ

I use my spider monkey skills and climb up the back using the bumper and spare tire. I'm actually putting the spare on top and building a gas can rack in its place with steps to help climb up easier. I have been glassing the the roof of my hunting vehicles for years now. David

• Like 2