Sign in to follow this  
madx250

Wild Mustangs

First and foremost these and all the ones in the White Mountains are not "Wild Mustangs" they are rez horses, (and horses that were let loose during the fires.)

• Like 2

Slimey politicians have managed to close all but two horse slaughter houses in the U.S. It was simple, they simply defunded meat inspectors at their locations. And they did so with out any input from people in the industry or public debate.

No farmers raised horses for the purpose of slaughter. But the slaughter houses provided a means of relief in horse over population that now no longer exists. Closing the meat plants devastated the horse industry. All horses had a base market value by the pound regardless of whether the equine was healthy and trained or was a broken down dink with 3 hooves in the grave and the fourth on a banana peel.

But no more thanks to bleeding heart liberals.

But what really chaps my hide is how the two remaining slaughter houses can only accept horses from government agencies, like the BLM, NFS or a reputable horse rescue with 501c status.

So what is to be done with the hundreds of thousands of unwanted horses? People lose there horse properties and can't find homes for the horses and they end up dumping them where they think they have a shot at surviving. That's how we have arrived at having all these "wild horse herds", unwanted animals that once went to slaughter now have nowhere to go.

I've been involved in wild horse adoption, and again it's the government that decides whether an animal is worthy of adoption and few make the cut.

So if you are a horse owner and can no longer care for your animal and it is unmarketable, the choices are few. You can legally put them down, even the landfill will take the carcass, or donate a terminal animal to a zoo. Rescues are full, dumping them is a felony. Oh and if you try and catch a wild horse in AZ, technically you are rustling. All around its a bad, bad situation.

• Like 4

Im tired of people signing petitions to changes stuff. If it means that much to them, let them sign checks. Thats what us hunters and fishermen do. Pay to play. Pay to say.

• Like 3

What this populace lacks is Objectivity, Logic and Reason.

Is this the same blm that Recklessly releases burros all over the state?

This is not the BLM ... BLM has had adoption programs for a while for mustangs and burros though mismanaged and wasteful with money ... These are people talking about the FS and wild horses in National Forest lands that some people feel were neglected by the FS by not assigning a proper designation of a Wild Horse territory .... I personally think they are a pain in the butt but would prefer to see them placed and used versus slaughtered.

the news reported this this morning as a blm planed removal.

Does any one know if these horses can be genetically linked to Spanish ponies or are they just horses that people have turned loose over the years?

Is this the same blm that Recklessly releases burros all over the state?

This is not the BLM ... BLM has had adoption programs for a while for mustangs and burros though mismanaged and wasteful with money ... These are people talking about the FS and wild horses in National Forest lands that some people feel were neglected by the FS by not assigning a proper designation of a Wild Horse territory .... I personally think they are a pain in the butt but would prefer to see them placed and used versus slaughtered.
the news reported this this morning as a blm planed removal.

The American media would not know the difference between the BLM and a BLT on wheat - hold the mayo

• Like 2

Does any one know if these horses can be genetically linked to Spanish ponies or are they just horses that people have turned loose over the years?

They are Heinz57's not Spanish Barbs

But if you have a horse you think is domesticated, just let go his halter.

Lol

• Like 1

I'm sorry to say this, but who cares!!!!! I'm so tired of everyone getting so upset over some wild animals being killed or removed. If people are so upset maybe they should donate their time and money like hunters do to support wildlife. That's right, nobody cares as much about wildlife as hunters do!!!!!!

That is the problem .. There have been groups for the last decade trying to get the bureaucrats to allow for the rounding up and adoption of wild mustangs.... always been met with resistance and mainly due to tribal relations... The population has gone up significantly while nothing has been being done. If there are people willing to wrangle, break and get these mustangs to Homes versus sending them to slaughter IMO it should be done...

All I'm saying is I don't care if they remove the mustangs or not! I'm not going to get upset either way. If they stay great, if they caputre them for adoption or dispatch, it doesn't bother me either way. I still don't understand why so many people get so upset about something that does not matter or affect them.

There are a lot worse things we can all concentrate our efforts on that can better our society!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes there are better things we can do with our time, but some of us happen to like the Salt River horses. I've been here since 1979 and they've been here that long. I think the Feds did not include them in the 1971 mapping that was done to protect all wild horses & burros at that time.

Do they need managed? Yes, but I'm sure now with all the hoopla surrounding the roundup enough people will step forward to adopt them. I personally have spoken to two different people over the years who have taken one home as their own and said they were wonderful horses.

Thats the issue. The bunny lovers want DNA results. Alot of the indian horses have the same DNA because they got them from the Spanish. Most of the horses on the rim are from one ranch on the WMA that got out during the rodeo fire. Do you think those guys on the rez have DNA records?? I would bet the horses on the salt are from, mostly the rez. Bottom line they are non native and should be removed. Look at what they do for non native fish or shellfish in our waters. Get rid of the horses! I wish ppl started leaving some out there taking a dirt nap...

I'm sorry to say this, but who cares!!!!! I'm so tired of everyone getting so upset over some wild animals being killed or removed. If people are so upset maybe they should donate their time and money like hunters do to support wildlife. That's right, nobody cares as much about wildlife as hunters do!!!!!!

That is the problem .. There have been groups for the last decade trying to get the bureaucrats to allow for the rounding up and adoption of wild mustangs.... always been met with resistance and mainly due to tribal relations... The population has gone up significantly while nothing has been being done. If there are people willing to wrangle, break and get these mustangs to Homes versus sending them to slaughter IMO it should be done...

All I'm saying is I don't care if they remove the mustangs or not! I'm not going to get upset either way. If they stay great, if they caputre them for adoption or dispatch, it doesn't bother me either way. I still don't understand why so many people get so upset about something that does not matter or affect them.

There are a lot worse things we can all concentrate our efforts on that can better our society!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes there are better things we can do with our time, but some of us happen to like the Salt River horses. I've been here since 1979 and they've been here that long. I think the Feds did not include them in the 1971 mapping that was done to protect all wild horses & burros at that time.

Do they need managed? Yes, but I'm sure now with all the hoopla surrounding the roundup enough people will step forward to adopt them. I personally have spoken to two different people over the years who have taken one home as their own and said they were wonderful horses.

Nature Girl ....It has always been deemed illegal to grab any of the horses on national forest land, so you saying you are friends with rustlers? Or are you talking about people going out to Florence and getting a prisoner broke BLM Horse or Mule... the horses in The White Mountains and Tonto National Forest have always been a sore subject in the horse community since I was a little kid, and this is not the first time removing them has been propositioned... as far as some people claiming there are not wild mustangs running in these areas and they are all released horses from the Rez and Horse owners facing hard times... That is BS as well.

Thats the issue. The bunny lovers want DNA results. Alot of the indian horses have the same DNA because they got them from the Spanish. Most of the horses on the rim are from one ranch on the WMA that got out during the rodeo fire. Do you think those guys on the rez have DNA records?? I would bet the horses on the salt are from, mostly the rez. Bottom line they are non native and should be removed. Look at what they do for non native fish or shellfish in our waters. Get rid of the horses! I wish ppl started leaving some out there taking a dirt nap...

There have been wild Horses running around in Arizona way before the rodeo fire and yes they are a pain in the butt and left unmanaged a real issue... But what you say is a bit over the top since The ELK herd we enjoy hunting is not native to Arizona ( our Native elk were hunted out) .... I know a lot of guys up north pissed at the removal of small mouth from Rim lakes heck most of our game fish species are not native, and thank god for that....

• Like 2