Sign in to follow this  
Flingingarrowsbro

Leftovers....Bad news

No bad news here. While at the Flagstaff office getting a bear permit and migratory bird stamp, the friendly lady looked up my info and found I was drawn for the Thanksgiving hunt in 35A. Coues for me at first, and Mearns for Rica on the second weekend. The 35A hunt was my first choice on the leftover app.

We will be down there hunting this Thanksgiving as well. We should try and meet up....been a long time.

• Like 1

A guaranteed leftover tag is a thing of the past. More and more people will be putting them tags down as 3rd choice on the draw.

• Like 1

Don't complain too much or game and fish might increase the tags even more!

• Like 2

Leftover tags have been harder and harder to get year after year... I personally don't mind I thinking could be a good thing in my eyes ;)

I pulled a second choice leftover tag, was shocked that I didnt get my first choice... where are all these people coming from? GF pumped so many hunts and tags into these southern units, and all are selling out. Wow! I remember the "good old days" when you could actually get a second tag, and kill two deer because no one wanted the left overs. Now you're lucky to get them. Go figure.

Drew Leftover 33 muzzleloader was my 3rd choice

it's time they do a second draw for the leftovers. first come first serve by mail? what a joke! pretty easy system to be cheated by cronyism. but that never happens right?

• Like 2

Drew Leftover 33 muzzleloader was my 3rd choice

there was left over 33 muzzy tags?

for mule deers

Actually it's for any antlered deer.

Brian

• Like 2