SPOTnSTALKer

Expired

27, 4A, 4B, and 1 in Gypsum Col. and hopefully a big one in unit ten this year.

• Like 1

maybe this was too specific

2013 Unit 1, opening day evening. Big thunderstorm and down pour all that afternoon seemed to get this guy up early in the day and kept him very vocal. He was in a bit of an opening with 7-10 cows. Made several attempts to get in on him but couldnt, without being made by his harem. Finally made a move behind some small pine trees that hid our approach. ended up being 64 yards before running out of cover. He only went 40 yards after the shot, complete pass through the boilermaker. then stopped and stood there. So I shot him again and he didn't run off he just stood there like a statue for a second then laid down. Was kinda fortunate too because he Didnt seem to be bleeding a ton on the outside and tracking pin head blood drops in a rainstorm can be quite difficult. I should have held out for a giant but what can you do when you make a great stalk and see a 10" kicker with nice g4's?

2zeaxqc.jpg

• Like 7

This is my last bull I killed in 2012 in 3C. 25 yards on a tank.

My others were killed in units 15 NM, another in 3C, three more bulls in unit 1. Two unfilled bull tags in 3C. All archery.

Brianpost-102-0-37680900-1441051062_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Here is are my 2 bulls I have got, but I have only had 2 bull tags.

The first was a limited opp hunt in 2B on an any elk tag back in 2007. I was pretty happy to get him, as he was a 6x7 bull on a LO hunt in August.

IMG_1233.jpg

My secong bull was in 6b on th early archery hunt on opening day in 2013. I snuck into his bedding area and shot him at 65 yards. He went 100 yards before he piled up. In the picture it looks like the arrow didn't penetrate much but it went all the way to the fletchings and worked it's way back out.

IMG_20120914_171706.jpg

I have another LO archery bull hunt coming up in two and am pretty stoked.

• Like 6

think of any unit in Az with elk in it, add in new mex, colorado, wyoming, montana, sing it all to the tune of "i've been everwhere, man", and that'll purty much sum it up. Lark.

p.s. some o' you fellers have shot some really good bulls lately. i'm jellust.

• Like 1

think of any unit in Az with elk in it, add in new mex, colorado, wyoming, montana, sing it all to the tune of "i've been everwhere, man", and that'll purty much sum it up. Lark.

p.s. some o' you fellers have shot some really good bulls lately. i'm jellust.

You must be one of those rich guys who can hunt everywhere :)

Shot these bulls back to back in 2009 and 2010. Left bull is a hair over 400" and shot on the 6th day of a late bull hunt. Right bull is 374" if i remember right, shot on the 3rd day of an early archery hunt.post-63-0-35095800-1441214936_thumb.jpg

• Like 9