Sign in to follow this  
chico

Roosevelt Lake looks like a pond

A strong El Niño is predicted this winter. If it plays out like they're forcasting, it will fill up easily.

They are getting ready for the winter run off. They have to make room and everything is in the plan dont worry. That lake can fill up faster than you can imagine during a wet winter.

• Like 1

They are getting ready for the winter run off. They have to make room and everything is in the plan dont worry. That lake can fill up faster than you can imagine during a wet winter.

Agreed. But will mother nature get the plan? Last time they drew the lake down to raise the dam it took years for the rains to come to fill it. But I hope you are right.

• Like 3

I remember when you could of walked across at Cholla ramp in the late 90's that was low this aint bad.

• Like 1

SRP is not trying to make room because they think it's going to rain.. The lake just hasn't had any good run off in the past few years.. The draw down is just water usage in the valley for irrigation and such.. Hopefully elnino kicks in and fills it back up..

• Like 2

Ive fished bass tourneys on Roosevelt when it was so low you needed 4 wheel drive to launch.

• Like 1

I liked Rosie in the 70's when there were no people and me and the Wife could have your own beach minus clothing...........BOB!

I liked Rosie in the 70's when there were no people and me and the Wife could have your own beach minus clothing...........BOB!

Sounds like a interesting story:)