trphyhntr

Snakes?

do you guys wear them snake chaps or anything like that when youre hunting this time of year? usually dont get out till november but ive been coyote calling lately and seeing a lot of snakes. i got this october coues hunt coming up and ive been kinda tripping out about rattlesnakes

No but I'm scared every time I head out on an October hunt. 33 seems to be the worst. Rattlers everywhere but the big spiders between mesquites freak me out more. At least a rattler might give a warning.

• Like 1

I hate snakes as well and almost stepped on one in February on the javi hunt. We have had 4 sidewinder's in the last month at the house.

• Like 1

Two summers ago I encountered one like every week! Haven't seen any in quite a while, and scared one up a week ago, man it scared the daylights out of me I'm suprised I didn't have an official heart attack on the spot. LOL

• Like 2

Because they are the most comfortable and very lightweight. I have not been bit yet to test them, and hope I never am, but they seem pretty tough.

I just walk thru the the tall stuff fully aware and looking down, also I hope and pray! Snakes are my worst phobia but I know as soon as I buy gators or other snake products I'll start seeing them! Wanna see a big guy whoop your butt? Throw a dead rattler at me!! Lol happened before.

• Like 1

I wear snake boots that go all the way up to my chin. :huh:

Almost 40 years of hunting in my unit, and I have never encountered a rattlesnake.Seen plenty of king snakes. mostly hunting 5500' and up

• Like 1

Been out in 37b this week on a youth pig hunt. Seen a racer and a ring neck. No rattlesnakes yet. Did run into a young Gila monster today. Just be aware. When I was a kid I used to make my money selling rattlesnakes to the roundup in New Mexico. Never been afraid of em, just got to have respect for what they can do to you. As far as snake chaps, I think it's a waste of beer money.

• Like 4