trphyhntr

Snakes?

If you let it get in your head while you're out on the mountain...it'll drive you crazy and triple your travel time....especially walking out in the dark. I just say fug it. Tell the snake God's, "you don't mess with me, and I'll return the favor". It's worked so far.

• Like 5

during the warmer months, I find myself looking down at my steps much more than scanning ahead for game. :)

• Like 2

If you let it get in your head while you're out on the mountain...it'll drive you crazy and triple your travel time....especially walking out in the dark. I just say fug it. Tell the snake God's, "you don't mess with me, and I'll return the favor". It's worked so far.

i made a miraculous clean head shot with the 243 on sunday. i got the bad mojo

Just put one boot on at a time and go hunting. It's always worked for me.

Finding dens like that is a dream come true. Only found two. But I guess I'm strange, I actually go out looking for em.

• Like 5

i made a miraculous clean head shot with the 243 on sunday. i got the bad mojo
overkill much? LMFAO
  • Like 2

do you guys wear them snake chaps or anything like that when youre hunting this time of year? usually dont get out till november but ive been coyote calling lately and seeing a lot of snakes. i got this october coues hunt coming up and ive been kinda tripping out about rattlesnakes

yes. I was wearing chaps today scouting east of Dugas.

But seriously, I can't hear them any more but my mare can. She ain't scared of em, just goes around them. But if they want to go toe to toe, she'll just stomp the crap out of them.

post-11051-0-44879300-1444706647_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

I wore them when I used to hunt 33...mainly for the shin-daggers. They were a comfort after seeing several snakes. Got struck on the boot once.

Around Kingman just doesn't have many. I've hiked thousands of miles and ran thousands more in the units around here and have only seen a handful of rattlers my whole life. We never even think about them. Probably the elevation? 3,600 plus even for quail.

I wear Rocky snake boots mine are like wearing tennis shoes!! I bought a good pair of under armour heat gear knee high socks really helps my feet from sweating.

The way I look at it $130 bucks for a little insurance is better than thousands in medical bills or even death!! Getting bit especially if your far from medical attention isn't worth it

to me. My feet might get a little hot, but that's better than getting bit!!

• Like 1