trphyhntr

Snakes?

So I get the snake guards and been wearing them every day out here hunting. Hunting partners were giving me crap about it, we hadn't seen any snakes. Then, on the walk out tonight, my buddy dang near stepped on a big ol rattler! The leg guards aren't as funny anymore lol

• Like 4

So I get the snake guards and been wearing them every day out here hunting. Hunting partners were giving me crap about it, we hadn't seen any snakes. Then, on the walk out tonight, my buddy dang near stepped on a big ol rattler! The leg guards aren't as funny anymore lol

This one is a bull snake not rattler but when i had to move him out of trail/road i decided to strap on guards for remainder of hunt in 3 foot tall yellow grass

• Like 2

that's why you should be leading on the way out....sheesh, way to set up the pard.

I have seen more snakes in October and November than any other months ... most of them out to heat up in the sun. Been struck at numerous times while out quail and dove hunting. Al\way wear my guards ...............

• Like 2

Came across these pictures and got to thinking.......I really, really, really don't want to get bit by one of those buggers........like I didn't already know that!!!

snake.JPG

snake2.JPG

snake3.JPG

Yup! Wife showed me those on facebook last night. Very important people realize in az these critters hang out around dens in winter months also sunning themselves on rocks.. so when climbing for good glassing point watch yourself! Bowhunter4life and i few maybe 6-\ yrs back were sitting on rockpile glassing pigs when hour or ao later below our butts in crack of rocks suddenly a rattler was buzzing from his wintering spot.. these faces describe my emotions over following 2 seconds..😮😖😤 Ok actually we laughed but also moved.

• Like 2

Came across these pictures and got to thinking.......I really, really, really don't want to get bit by one of those buggers........like I didn't already know that!!!

attachicon.gifsnake.JPG

attachicon.gifsnake2.JPG

attachicon.gifsnake3.JPG

and I thought when my hand swelled like a baseball glove from a scorpion it hurt. That is some nasty stuff there.

Scary stuff in those pics! I seen one crossing the road in front of me again this past weekend. It doesn't matter how far they are from me. If I see one, that's all I can think about for a good portion of the day. :unsure:

Scary stuff in those pics! I seen one crossing the road in front of me again this past weekend. It doesn't matter how far they are from me. If I see one, that's all I can think about for a good portion of the day. :unsure:

Those critters definitely put a person on high alert!!!

that's why you should be leading on the way out....sheesh, way to set up the pard.

It was fellow member j.s.r. I set him up for failure lol

• Like 1

attachicon.gifsnake.JPG

attachicon.gifsnake2.JPG

attachicon.gifsnake3.JPG

WTF!!!!!!!! Now I hate snakes even more...This dang weather needs to cool down.

• Like 2

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Those are freaky pics!! Things I hate the most!!

1. Warm hot winters in Arizona

2. Stupid no common since hunters

3. SNAKES

4. Mosquitoes

5. And rocks for your yard instead of grass

• Like 1

This is why I live by one simple rule , if your a Poisonous snake don't show yourself or you will die. If your a non poisonous snake approch with caution as you might die too if you Startled me too much.. pretty simple rules ! I hate freakin snakes !!

• Like 2

This is why I live by one simple rule , if your a Poisonous snake don't show yourself or you will die. If your a non poisonous snake approch with caution as you might die too if you Startled me too much.. pretty simple rules ! I hate freakin snakes !!

Some snakes are venomous. If we killed off every snake we saw, then we would be complaining about rodents which carry some wicked diseases.

• Like 1