Sign in to follow this  
murfys69law

IS IT VORTEX OROTHER SCOPE BRANDS AS WELL

Put a new Vortex 6x24 FFP on my 300 win mag. I have a good load that shoots good groups but I have noticed the if I dial it to 300 and then back to 100 it will shoot different unless I tap on the scope around the turrets after moving it. If I don't and just shoot it once, it will have a flyer then settle to where I adjusted it. I talked to the person, (gun shop) where I bought it and he told me that it has springs and by tapping on it after moving the turrets it lets the springs settle to where they should be. He also stated the Leupold doesn't have this problem. I know someone will say I should have bought a Leupold and I am rethinking my decision now. Anyone else have this problem?

I don't know of it matters but I've made it a habit to tap the turret everytime I move it.

I have been doing it for years but it was on cheaper scopes. $1000 scope I feel I shouldn't have to. My friend has a high dollar Leupold and he has dialed from 900 back to 100 with no problem. I guess my thinking is if I paid this much and I have to tap on, what happens if I don't tap hard enough and I miss a 350 bull because of it. I will totally be pissed.

Once it settles after shooting a round or tapping on the turrets it holds real good. I just think if this is what Vortex sells for 1K then they should dang well let the consumer know this.

I just bought the same one. You guys are scaring me.

I use Leupolds, what I usually do is rotate the turret a few clicks (maybe 1-2?) past my desired MOA and and return to it.

Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

I have never had this problem (that I know of) Burris, Leupold, Vortex, Bushnell, Nightforce. But you have me thinking I need to try it and see if any of them do move just for piece of mind.

Call vortex never had this problem and there are plenty of reviews with Vortex, first i have heard of it

Every Vortex I have ever laid hands on has had this problem. They are nothing but guaranteed pieces of crap! Send it off and they will send you another one just like it, that will have the exact same problem. Try dialing out to 600 or so and then come back to your zero and I bet you are 6 inches or more off. For the same money you could have bought a Leupold VX3 and been problem free.

• Like 3

I've heard of this problem on multiple occasions. Most people say you should dial too far and then come back to it like titanium said.

I had a Weaver T16 I used for Silhouette shooting for a few years a couple of times a month and had it set to a 200 yard zero. During each match I would adjust it to 300, 400 and 500 yards and it never failed to return to zero.

• Like 1